Women in Grunt Units?
Create Post

Women in Grunt Units?

Marines! Are there now Women grunts on active duty anywhere?
    Thanks,
    Eric

Similar Threads:

Who cares? Are you looking to stir up trouble and huff and puff and talk about how things were better in your day?

To answer your question no not at the moment and if they are there it isnt to fill an 03xx billet as there havent been any females to pass IOC. But yes eventually there will be females in the infantry there is no changing that with the current suit in the white house and possibly still be there even if there is a change. So get over it and move on cause there is nothing you can do to change it.

Im not trying to come off like an @$$ but so many people are so up in arms about something that they cannot change it is ridiculous. It is what it is now adjust fire and re-engage.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Apparently, two enlisted females (who already went through ITB as part of that experiment and who participated in the male vs female infantry unit test), have applied and been approved to lateral move into infantry. One as a rifleman and the other as a machine gunner. I don't know when those moves are effective, but I imagine pretty soon.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I was an M-60 walking gunner. I can just see a woman Marine in Nam trampling through knee high mud or humping a big hill with an M-60 and 8 belts of ammo......not counting 4 canteens of water, in a 100 degree, 90% humidity terrain.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    now now boys, don't drive angry, its a brave new world.....

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Completing IOC under controlled conditions is one thing, let me know how this works out after 14-30 days in a real field enviroment under austere conditions...

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks.

History will record how this liberal social experiment turns out. And, our enemies have a vote.

We will also remember. The Marine Corps (Commandant Dunford at the time) never asked for nor approved of these changes when they were mandated by our civilian leadership. So, it's not just us old timers who question the moves. We may not be able to change anything. But we sure as hell have earned the right to voice our opinions on this subject and others. There are plenty of active duty Marines voicing their opinions by getting out instead of reenlisting as well - some of that is because they refuse to be included in the liberal experiments they never asked for in the first place.

Relations among all leaders-from corporal to general- should be based on honesty and frankness regardless of disparity between grades. Until a commander has reached and stated a decision, subordinates should consider it their duty to provide honest, professional opinions even though these may be in disagreement with the senior's opinions. However, once the decision has been reached, juniors then must support it as if it were their own. Seniors must encourage candor among subordinates and must not hide behind their grade insignia. Ready compliance for the purpose of personal advancement- the behavior of"yes men"---will not be tolerated ~ MCDP 1

So it is understandable to voice ones opinion and they are valid but at some point you have to just accept it and move on. Hopefully it will revert back to what it was but I dont see that happening any time soon. The decision has been made and being that the decision has been made we that remain must pick up our boot straps and soldier on.

Good luck with that. Feels good to not have to pick up my boot straps and soldier on anymore. I sincerely doubt I could adjust to all this PC crap - it just never stops and open tranny's are around the corner (anybody's guess as to what comes next but it will be something). Those who have adjusted continue to have my admiration.

I see it as we cant let that shift our focus off of what really matters. We are still at a very real state of war with ISIS ive got money on the probability of us going back to the sand box yet again to bail the people out. Likewise on some of the other fronts that we are probably going to be sent to.

So it isnt really an adjustment I am just choosing to focus my energy on that which it is best used for. There are things we can control and those in which we cannot I choose to stay focused on the area of influence that I have.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The crucible of real life and combat will demonstrate the folly of this social experiment. Unfortunately, the lives of both female and male grunts will be at risk proving what the vast majority of people knew all along.

That said, I've noticed that I haven't heard of very many enlisted females applying for the 0300 field. It may be they too realize the folly of the whole thing. Female officers keep bombing the IOC, most often on the first day (along with many males). Infantry is not for everyone. This administration will never admit failure of the policy even if female grunts get killed and lamed from the physical stressors of the job, or an inability to perform to standard.

Sad.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Not changing the subject Zulu, but this Administration never admits FAILURE for anything they do or have done...

Not one single "SOCIAL EXPERIMENT" has proven successful..

Ever.... If I'm wrong, point one of them out....

Thread Information