RCT Father Introduction
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

RCT Father Introduction

New member here to say Hello and Thanks. I joined a couple of days ago and have been browsing and learning all I can from your forums. I'm a RCT dad without any military experience, a crumpled suit tbh; my father and uncles were Navy and Marine servicemen in the Pacific during WW2 and my son decided to launch his life in their footsteps. I'm learning that the support I can give him comes in many forms, and the Corp has a plan to make Marines, so my goal here is really to learn (get in sync) the best way (the Marines way) to support him through boot so he can thrive.

Today is T-1 at PI for him.

ps-I've joined the recruitparents.com site and the 2nd Battalion Echo Company MCRDPI facebook pages as well.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome to the forum Geoffrey. You will find a plethora of information here and support.

Keep us posted on his progress please.

Looking forward to the day when I can call him Brother...

If you have Facebook. Recommend you join the "Parents of Parris Island" (PPI) support group. It's a closed group so you have to ask to be accepted.

Your son will not receive any mail for at least the first two weeks. It will all catch up to him eventually (just in case you get letters from him asking why nobody is writing to him).

I have been to two PI graduations in the last 3 years. If you have any specific questions just shoot me a PM.

Welcome aboard.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Our son just texted that he's had chow and is settling down in Geiger for MCT, which starts tomorrow. I thought it would be a good time to update my profile on this forum.

We went as a family to see him graduate and enjoyed it immensely. His journey began with E Co in May, then he was dropped to STC at the end of grass week for 6 weeks with Pneumonia, and then picked up by K Co. graduating on 9/30. He said Boot was alternately fun and misery, but in the end he was proud to have earned the title and been in the honor platoon.

Congrats. now get Him to sign on here.

Thread Information