Green Card Poolee
Create Post

Green Card Poolee

Hello,
    I guess this question is guided more for recruiters but any help is appreciated. I have been in the DEP for a couple weeks now. My recruiter told me that I had only certain jobs available to me since I am on a green card. She also told me I would be naturalized at the end of boot camp. My question that I have asked my recruiter but can not get any concrete answer on is the following:

Can I pick an Mos field in which I will qualify in after boot camp. Such as an AG contract?.

I have not gotten a clear answer in this.
    My ultimate goal is to be a Crew Chief but since I'm on a green card I was told that was not possible, okay, but what after boot camp and I am a citizen? I Still can't become a crew chief?

My my second question is:

My recruiter was a rotary mechanic, he said from there he became an aerial observer. My question is how likely is that to happen I heard they were doing away with aerial observers.

Any help is appreciated, if there are any spelling mistakes I am sorry I am on mobile.

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First off if you are in the DEP I would send a PM to the Forum Administrator Rocky C asking that your Status on the forum be changed from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP ".

Secondly, I would try asking your recruiter again your questions. She is more than qualified to answer those questions but no, you cannot change your MOS once you Graduate Recruit Training.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    First off if you are in the DEP I would send a PM to the Forum Administrator Rocky C asking that your Status on the forum be changed from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP ".

Secondly, I would try asking your recruiter again your questions. She is more than qualified to answer those questions but no, you cannot change your MOS once you Graduate Recruit Training.

Best of luck.
    Thank you,
    I was trying to figure out how to change my status thank you,
    and secondly I will try to ask her again.
    Thank you.

First paragraph, the recruiter is a she. Fourth paragraph, they are a he. Wonder which head they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    First paragraph, the recruiter is a she. Fourth paragraph, they are a he. Wonder which head they use?
    Sorry about that, I meant to say my recruiter is a she, but another recruiter at that same office was a rotary aircraft mechanic and aerial observer

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your status on the forum has been changed from " Marine Friend " to " Poolee/DEP ".

Please square away your profile with all fields filled out ASAP to reflect the changes.

Congrats and best of luck to you.

Thank you Sir

Uh-oh, recruit done called Rocky "sir"!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruisedBanana View Post
    Thank you Sir
    I can't believe 4 days later you still haven't filled out your profile like I asked you to but your posting !!!

Is there a communication problem ???

Thread Information