The Corps Never Leaves You - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I graduated 3017 in May 1977 from MCRD
    I wrote a poem "Hell In MCRD" that was a Parody of Hell in Texas The DI's liked it so much they posted it on the wall.
    Was/is it still there?

Awesome plate and shirt. Semper Fi

How was it posted on the wall? Painted?

Marine Free Member thegimprider's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A Poem on yellow lined note paper. Don't know if it was kept up for next platoon.

Maybe if someone is in here that was in that squadbay after you left may remember but I would wager it was taken down when you left.

I haven't been on this forum for awhile and saw this post. My son is in the Navy Nuke program. Last year, he graduated his first of three schools, and my wife and I (his parents) attended. Now, I have been out since 1986 after 7 years active duty. We were sitting there not paying attention to much as we waited for the ceremony to commence, when the Chief hollered "MILITARY PERSONNEL - ATTENTION ON DECK!". Sure as hell, I shot straight up in attention mode. Didn't even think about it, it just happened. Glad my son didn't see this, he would have died! It did make me feel damn proud, though, that this happened. Also, was one of two male parents wearing a suit for that graduation, the other was also a USMC vet, and I was proudly wearing my USMC tie as well as my blue star emblem with the US and Navy flags on either side of the blue star. Pride - it's instilled.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ51Vett View Post
    I've been retired over 20 years. Still working for Uncle Sam. We have a lot of Army, Air Force and Navy vets but only a a couple Marines. I make it a point on a daily basis to poke fun at them. Once in a while they'll get one on me but most of the time I have them out numbered.
    I know exactly what you're talking about Brother. I have been working for the Dept of Defense for 38 years. I work with a lot of former and retired Navy, and I let them know each and every day who the Marine in the outfit is!!!

Semper Fi,
    Russ

Thread Information