The Corps Never Leaves You
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice Brother !!!

I've been retired over 20 years. Still working for Uncle Sam. We have a lot of Army, Air Force and Navy vets but only a a couple Marines. I make it a point on a daily basis to poke fun at them. Once in a while they'll get one on me but most of the time I have them out numbered.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    hahahahaha !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ51Vett View Post
    I've been retired over 20 years. Still working for Uncle Sam. We have a lot of Army, Air Force and Navy vets but only a a couple Marines. I make it a point on a daily basis to poke fun at them. Once in a while they'll get one on me but most of the time I have them out numbered.
    Looks like you became a Marine in 1974 as I did also, Semper Fidelis.

In a way it was a long time ago but still pretty much fresh in my mind. That and the fact I spent 5 years on the Drill Field.

What years on the drill field I was close to taking that route, maybe you can help me find my DI's,lol, Semper Fidelis.

84-86 (2)Junior (2)Senior (4)Chief.
    89-91 (8)Chief (4)1stSgt.
    SSgt
    GySgt (Meritorious)
    1stSgt

The First 16 cycles were all Alpha Co. 1stBn. The 4 cycles as 1stSgt were in Echo Co. 2nd. Bn.

Get this. I left the first time in 86. When I returned for 2nd tour in 89 I got assigned to same company as 1st tour. When I walked into the company office things with my signature and handwriting were still on the bulletin board.

Administrator Platinum Member madsox's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Dang, 1stSgt, if you'd been out east you could have been one of my DIs! I was in A Co, Plt 1068, graduated 8/8/84 at lovely Parris Island. I like the license plate, who wouldn't, and it's good to have you posting - the more, the better!

Semper Fi

I've been away from most all forums for a long time. I stepped away from the computer a few years ago. Was spending too much time mainly on the Corvette forums when I had my 2006 Z51 built. I only use my phone now and I get tired of hunting and pecking so don't stay on for long.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZ51Vett View Post
    The First 16 cycles were all Alpha Co. 1stBn. The 4 cycles as 1stSgt were in Echo Co. 2nd. Bn.
    I went through 2nd Bn. Echo Co. Plt 2045 from May 21 - Aug 15 1991
    If you were there then, I have a question for you that I have always wondered about.

Reply sent PM

I was fortunate enough over the past ten years, to find all four of my Drill Instructors (Charlie Co. Platoon 145, MCRDSD 1962) and had several conversations with them before they passed on. I was surprised to find they had little interest in reconnecting with each other. I found that odd. We had a 48 year Platoon reunion at MCRDSD in 2010, with 23 recruits in attendance. By that time two of the DI's had passed (cancer) but the other two, our Platoon Commander Gunnery Sergeant (S/Sgt) Way and Sergeant Major (Sgt) Pacheco (a three war Marine) were able to attend. Gunny Way passed the next year and SgtMaj Pacheco passed just a few weeks ago.

Guys I served with tell me, "Jesus dude. You're much more Gung Ho now than you were back in the day." True and I do not apologize for it.

This is my new license plate. Should be here in the next week or two.

Click image for larger version

Name:	USMC - VN 65.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	30142

Just after the first of the year, I had this t-shirt made up for those in the platoon who were interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Shirt Finished Product.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	30143

Thread Information