Advice?
Create Post

Thread: Advice?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Advice?

So i started the enlistment process and go to mcrd at the end of February so that gives me like 8-10 months any advice on how to prepare so that i can be the best i can and actually succeed at becoming part of something bigger then myself? any advice is good thanks

Similar Threads:

Just pt, start to hike with 65 lbs on your back up hills and stuff. Do pull ups. That's really it, BootCamp is all mental and you'll never be mentally ready. It's definitely gona be a culture shock.

Getting you prepared for bootcamp (mentally and physically) is part of your recruiter's job and why you join the DEP as a poolee. As you will see, some take being a poolee more seriously than others. You have plenty of time. So, as long as you put forth the effort, and follow your recruiter's instructions, you'll feel ready when your time comes. If you slack off, and don't put the work in, you will not be fully prepared - the choice is yours.

Good luck.

Best advice shut up and dont be dumb.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the advice

1. PT more than just the minimums.
    - Pull ups and more pull ups
    - Work up to a solid 3 mile run time. MCRD starts with a mile-and-a-half run, but that's focused on the minimum. You shouldn't go in shooting to meet the minimum standards
    - Body weight exercise are more important than weight lifting
    - Make sure that you have solid swimming skills

2. Stay out of trouble - sounds like common sense, but I saw many privates have their past come out to haunt them before the end of first phase (drugs, DUI, or any other run in with the law).

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Here is everything you need to know.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ruit-Training-!

Thread Information