OCC-R Program - MOS Selection
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

OCC-R Program - MOS Selection

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the OOC-R MOS selection process. I have learned as a Reserve officer you are free to choose your MOS.

My question however is how does that work? I am located near Fort Devens in Massachusetts as well as a few other locations in my area (Maine, New Hampshire) which I am willing to travel to. I have researched available billets for these locations however it seems none of them are open for 2nd LT. Is that normal? Is there a possibility there are no open billets for O1? Are O1 billets never posted?

I appreciate your help and apologize if these are stupid questions. I've used the search button and I'm sure an OSO could help me with this however I have not gotten to that point yet.

Similar Threads:

Your local recruiter may be able to answer these questions. If not, they can get you going in the right direction.

Reservists choose their MOS because they must plug into a specified/empty billet within their reserve unit. So, it is possible there simply are no open billets for 01 at this time. Depending on the size of the unit, there may only be 2-4 01 billets allocated.

The reserves are an odd animal. The reserve unit local to me when I was in college had a Staff Sergeant as one of their platoon commanders.

"Odd" is one way to describe it sir! lol

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the replies. I'm starting to think they do not list them, but I have no idea. I'll get in touch with a recruiter in my area. I looked through multiple states, pretty much the entire country and all I could find was billets for O2.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djj34 View Post
    the reserves are an odd animal. The reserve unit local to me when i was in college had a staff sergeant as one of their platoon commanders.
    lol.

Thread Information