ITB / SOI West Holding Company
Create Post

ITB / SOI West Holding Company

Good afternoon Marines,

Was curious to know what goes on during the time I'm at holding company awaiting to be picked up, will I be able to visit family on weekends? and will I have access to communicating with them?

What will duties consist of while on holding?

Similar Threads:

Holding Company is called "Marines Awaiting Training (MAT)" platoon.

Typical day begins with organized PT then breakfast. After that, majority of your time will be spent on work details (picking up trash, mowing grass, etc). You'll also be put on a firewatch roster (walking around the outside of your barracks for a couple hours). Basically, you'll be given "busy work". Try not to be bored.

You'll be in a student status at SOI. Not a recruit, but not a Fleet Marine yet either. You won't be able to drive, but you'll have your cell phone so you can talk/text family/friends when your instructors say you can. You'll have a curfew when you must be back in your barracks. Family will be able to visit when you have liberty.

When my niece was in MAT at Camp LeJeune. She said they needed to change her MOS to "landscaper" cause all she did all day every day was pick up sticks and operate a weed eater.

Basically you will do what is listed above with added duties as an area guard. You might end up waiting on QRF when you are not out Roving and patrolling your assigned area. You will guard ammo supply points and other sensitive areas on a regular basis in addition to the armories. Cell phone should be ok when you're not standing post. As for liberty, you should get it on the weekends.

cut the umbilical cord and grow a pair. "Will i get to see my family during the whole month i will be at MCT" Boo hoo hoo. No no you will not you will sit in the MAT platoon and get lazy and you will forget where you are you might end up gate guard and that is probably about it. This is the Marine Corps if you end up doing anything in this gun club be prepared to not see any family hell the Marine Corps is your freakin family I see the people in my platoon far more than I see my wife.

I just graduated from there 2 weeks ago, you'll be put in Lima Co, it's the holding Co just like a MAT platoon, then you'll do working parties all day, then you'll have a little free time, if you Wana hangout with your family on mainside you can but ask for the paperwork right away. To get to mainside take Seabreaze, the taxis rip you off

Thread Information