USAf or USMC
Create Post

Thread: USAf or USMC

Question USAf or USMC

Hi guys,

I really want to join the Marine Corps but everyone I know including current marines say. No go to the air force. Is the air force better or worse. I'm mainly going for the title marine and to serve my country. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Then you only have one choice. Easy decision. Many of us were told the same thing, and then we made history.

first and for most, the name Marine is always, always, capitalized,, second, Air Force is a lot different then the Marine Corps, the Marine Corps has it's own Aviation, we fly F-18's F-35's Harriers, Osprey's, Super Cobra's and the like,, but in the Marine Corps it's main mission is to support the people on the ground,,
    Two completely different missions,,

I believe I may have had it capitalized, but auto correct trued to fix it and messed it up. I'm leaning more towards Marine Corps than Air Force. So when I turn 17 here pretty soon, I'll probably enlist. Thank you

you are very welcome, keep us posted on this same thread as to how things go for you..

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Guys ? Are you serious ? How about Marines !!! There are Male and Female Marines on this forum !!!

I can't believe you are asking this question here. You do realize this is a Marine Corps forum don't you ?

Visit some recruiters from different branches of the Armed Forces. The Marine Corps might not even accept you.

Best of luck.

Rocky; I believe it is the entitlement factor working. Some people think that all they have to do is diddy bop into a recruiters office and announce "here I am" and that the recruiters will fall all over themselves that they have been honored to have this potential recruit walk in. Facts are; the Corps is only selecting the "Few" as we know.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You hit the nail right on the head Mitch.

Also to top it off the member is listed as " Marine Family ", so why the Air Force question ?

AND, the members username is FutureJarhead99‎.

Sitting here shaking my head...

I'll let this thread go for a bit before it goes to the " Troll " dumpster...

Last edited by Rocky C; 05-11-16 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    Rocky; I believe it is the entitlement factor working. Some people think that all they have to do is diddy bop into a recruiters office and announce "here I am" and that the recruiters will fall all over themselves that they have been honored to have this potential recruit walk in. Facts are; the Corps is only selecting the "Few" as we know.
    Mitch - I still remember the day that I diddy bopped into the recruiters office and signed up. My recruiter said that I made his day and that he had been worried that I wouldn't come in. He had been afraid to even take a day off.

To me there was never a thought of any other branch. The army was full of non hacker draftees, and in school I had to wear that air force uniform for required rotc one day a week. It embarrassed me to have to wear that slovenly ill fitting blue costume. I was told that I could be an air force officer or a Marine. Everyone knows what we all chose.

If I was this kid what would motivate me the most to join the Marine Corps is that the air force doesn't even have any infantry. Now, how many confirmed kills is a kid going to get if he's not in the infantry. And what kind of stories will he have to tell in his later years, yarns about running around the cappuccino machine?

Maybe it's just me, but what image is conjured up in the mind when you meet someone that was in the air force. Now, compare that to the image when you meet someone that was a Maine. I believe we're even more respected now than we were back in the day. We definitely are the Few.

Marines have always led the way, keep that flyboy chit out of OUR site, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information