What is an Avionics Technicians' daily life?
Create Post

What is an Avionics Technicians' daily life?

Good evening, Marines.

I've been looking over my options for jobs based on current availability and I'm going with Avionics Technician. I originally wanted Intelligence but it's not available according to my recruiter.

After looking into Avionics it seems really interesting and it seems to all be hands-on work which I like. I was just wondering what is a typical day in the life of Avionics? Has anyone here enjoyed it or know someone who does? I've read almost everywhere that the school in Pensacola, FL is "sh*t". Anyone know exactly why? The advice I've seemed to gathered about school is to just lay low and study to get out quick.

Thanks in advance!

Off-topic: Last week I became a Poolee. Looks like I can't edit my status, at least that I know of. Any help from a Moderator would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As far as avionics goes, can't help you.

However, PM Rocky C and ask for the status change. He may not do it right away as he is recovering from some surgery. Meanwhile, you can get into your profile and beef it up as Rocky will require it anyway.

Can't help with the daily life question.

Did two tours with the 1st Marine Aircraft Wing headquarters. From what I saw, air crews (including avionics), worked on their planes till they were operational. Meaning, long days/nights and not leaving the flightline at a normal time. It's common knowledge, many planes in the USMC inventory are past their life expectancy and maintenance has been negatively impacted by chronic budget cuts.

Read the similar threads under your question.

Avionics will set you up with great skills that translate directly into the civilian workforce. I have family who worked in Avionics (then became a crew chief) and has been able to use his Marine Corps training and experience to land countless jobs with major companies.

Thread Information