Marrige and Base Housing
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Chevy2233's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Marrige and Base Housing

Hello Marines, I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a question. I just recently got married and I am curently in LOS school at Camp Johnson, NC. When a Marine is married is he guaranteed a housing allowence to live off of base, or do they provide housing on base? How do I know if I qualify for these things and if I do how do I put in to get em' ? I would appreciate any answers. Thank you.

Registered User Free Member VMGRMech's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You'll either recieve BAH (BAsic Allowace For Housing) or you be assigned base housing. It depends if a house is available at the time you check in to your new command. You can choose to not accept base housing and recieve BAH, but I do not suggest that move this early in your career ($$$$$)

To start the ball rolling let your NCOIC know your situation and he willl arrange a time for you to go to the housing office

Have any clue where you are going after school? I can remember being in Vietnam, and knew I was going to NAS Memphis, and was able to get my name on the base housing waiting list a couple of months early. Don't know how it works now.

Marine Spouse Free Member clara hill's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Red face a new Marine wife

my husband is in his MCT's and i was wondering when he goes for his MOS do they allow his wife to go with him ? and we would have a house and would he have libarty to be at our house during the week any ?

For

For the Corporal, when I was in, I got Married. I moved out in town and got BAH and Comrats, plus my regular pay. Do that its better than base housing in my opinion. Its more money, and you get to choose where you live. I didn't want Camp Lejuene Base housing cause the house's where crappy. Some of the areas looked like run down trailer parks.

For the Marine Wife, no you won't be able to move in with him until he gets to his regular duty station. Once he completes his MOS training, and gets to the fleet you and him can get a house/apt. My advice when he gets to his unit in the fleet. Tell him to get down to DPAC and get set up for BAH, once he gets his first BAH payment. You and him can go pick out a nice apt/house.

Credits
    Savings
    ok so you dont think i should move to florida when he go's for his aviation schooling cuz i was goign to get a apartment near the school and just see him as much i could

Credits
    Savings
    thank you for your advice lol it helps

Credits
    Savings
    If his schooling is a certain amount of time, you'll be able to move with him. I'm not sure how long it has to be but I know when I was considering Crypto Linguist as an MOS, the school is almost a year long and they told me she would be able to move out with me. Once again, I'm not sure how long the school has to be to get this option...

Credits
    Savings
    ok. thanks every much and his MOS is a year long in pensacola florida and it's his aviation schooling and stuff like that . and thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiaprincess19 View Post
    If you live ON base sure it pays for your house but then what?
    Then you get free water, sewer, trash pick up, electricity, lawn services, and maintenance. And in my case I get to live less than a mile from where I work and less than a half mile from the Commissary and PX so I spend next to nothing on gas.

Credits
    Savings
    ok that souds like a realy good idea and thanks for all your help.....

Credits
    Savings
    i have another ? and sorry for all the ?'s i have but .
    when he get's done with his MCT what will he be doing on his aviation in pensacola florida ????????? he is a air plane macanic........

Quote Originally Posted by clara hill View Post
    i have another ? and sorry for all the ?'s i have but .
    when he get's done with his MCT what will he be doing on his aviation in pensacola florida ????????? he is a air plane macanic........
    BAH is based on your location, and rank. Go to this website and input your zip code and his rank and it will give you your amount. (the zip code for NAS Pensacola is 32508).
    http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/bah.html

After MCT he will begin his MOS training, it will be a school enviroment.

Credits
    Savings
    ok thanks so much.

Credits
    Savings
    ok and thanks for the info .....

Thread Information