Reunion 2004 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reunion 2004

Credits
    Savings
    NO CAS just got very honest with the people on this site!

and don't pizz me off Gerald..you will be in DC shortly! I know where to find you....

Quick give her a cold one!

Ellie said she will try to seek and find....in between her duties with me......LOL
    I see Mike stating about one......Will check into it.....

DSchmitke...I don't think she needs a cold one.....All we have to do is to step outside.....LOL.....

Sempers,

Roger

Talking

Everytime that I've been to the Wall or even D.C. and stopped at the Wall there seems to be a "Dress Code", utilities,etc. Is there one? charlie222.

I promise that this year I will make it. I know last year I was going but I started working. Couldn't get the time off. And I just moved back home too. But this year I am going to be there. I have everything plan to go leaving here on Wednesday evening going to my in-laws house and drop off my kids for the weekend. In Baltimore.

I got plenty of Vacation days saved up just for this trip.

Whomever Is Taking Names

Put me down with permanent ink. If I can do anything from the WA area to assist please let me know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was waiting for the engraved invitation to arrive. I was going to RSVP through the mail, but I guess I can respond here. Let's see.... Have I missed a reunion since being part of Leatherneck? Hmmm.... I think that should help answer it.

SF,

Sixguns

This is to Roger, Shaffer, and the rest of Leatherneck.com

1. Colleen is right!!!
    I started this reunion 3 years ago, with Rogers help, and Leatherneck.com came on board and really helped out with all the planning and arangements.
    Last year at dinner the problem was not your fault Colleen, thats why I paid for it, I thought we got a raw deal but it wasn't your fault.
    As for the motel, to me it was run like a ***** house, had people running in and out, loud music all night long, 6:00 am place was quiet as a grave yard....go figure!!!
    Also place was not clean and was run down, maybe all that was just me, but when I pay $100.00 per night for a room I expect more, and have stayed in Dc area quit a bit, never had this problem. Again Colleen this was not your fault, I'm sure you didnt know any of this before hand.
    I will make some LONG DISTANCE calls and see what i can find!!!

3. main thing, I need to know who is going to make it and if you are bringing anybody with you. I have asked people to e-mail me at Freebird6976@aol.com, I havent received any e-mails as of today.
    I know the following people are going:
    Shaffer, and Santos ?
    Roger, Ellie and daughter
    Sixguns
    Grayshade
    Mrbsox
    Colleen
    Freebird
    Heather
    Marinemon
    JAMarine

Sgtj ???
    Superdave ???

thats all I have as of today, I think we could get more if we e-mailed out a memo to all mambers, can anybody take care of that or is it possible?? Shaffer??

Thanks,
    Freebird
    USMC 69-76

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Er, Freebird - you forgot JAM - and if you and Colleen need help, I am in Alexandria - and am a well practiced gofer

Rich has been added Marinemom......

We can't forget JAMarine......

Sempers,

Roger

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Errrrr.....

If memory serves, there was a thought process about 'Hooches' in Pats back yard last year !!!

I don't mind 'rembering the ole days', but with last years weather, I was GLAD to have a room.

Terry

Just A Note

I feel so F@rking LOVED I just can't hardly stand it.

I (unlike Shaffer) do care about the people that say they are going to be there and not show up. It's different if your not sure but I believe we had several members last year that stated "I'll be there"! that never made it. As Colleen can attest to, it gets real embarassing when plans are made for a specific number of people and we don't show up.

Thanks from me to all the Planners last year. It's so weird for the first time going to a place to meet people that you've never met except for the internet. I didn't know what to expect. I do know however that I have additional members to my Family now than I did before I went last year. I wouldn't trade the Friends, Brothers and Sisters I made in Roger, Ellie and Daughter, Mike, Gerald & Nicci, Terry & Colleen for the world.

Ok that was last year and this is the year of the Best Reunion Ever. I don't know what I could do from WA State but if anyone needs me for anything JUST GIVE ME A CALL anytime.

Thanks for looking out for me "marinemom". I appreciate it.

Your Brother
    rich

Marinemom,
    Me and you ganna fight when I get to DC, I keep asking you if you on drugs, you keep saying No!!! you got 295 mixed up with 395 and now you say i left out JAM ( Rich)
    go back to post and look under your name Marinemom, and tell me who's name is there, again, are you on drugs??? LMAO
    Please dont hit me too hard!!!
    Yes Shaffer, i'm working on details, made a call today but manager wasnt there, they said snow was a problem in area, bad roads and she would be in tomorrow, so i should be able to call you with dtails and then we can post something.
    FREEBIRD

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Rich, and well said.

I too had a life experence while there, meeting the 'crew', as well as 'completing a circle' that had been begun for me, many years before.

Thanks again FREEBIRD, for helping me thru it.

And I think that is part of what it's all about. Meeting friends for the first time, but more than that....

I felt a renewd kinship with the Corps, as well as Brothers and Sisters I had never met. As I told Jerry, I'm a better Marine today because of the site, AND because of what I got in D.C. last year.

Having more of us there this year, can only increase the the bond we share, the memories that we can share with each other, and create anew.

Count me in. I'll be on a tighter budget than last year, but I WILL bring a jacket Unless Cas want to keep me warm again (sighhhhhhh...... soooooft.....)

Terry

Credits
    Savings
    Terry...anything I can do for the betttermant of Marine's!! I have most of my clothing in my car.

I apologize to you all if I seemed to be *****!ng! I just wanted to air out the laundry before the reunion as opposed to afterwards!

I also had a blast last year but this year...

I AM SOBER...better watch out...I am worse now without the additives!

I hope to see many new faces this year. I am grateful to have met my fellow Marine's and loved ones last year.

There is no dress code for the Wall however, I will not be showing up in cutoffs and a tank...hint hint...proper attire for former Marines!!

Oh, and just think...I have been here for another year.. I PROMISE not to get lost or drop anyone off at the wrong address!

Thread Information