Reunion 2004
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reunion 2004

Lightbulb Reunion 2004

I didn't check the dates of may 20-24 but ya'll should try to go see a Sunset parade at Iwo Jima. I was at the Barracks for over 4 years, marched in hundreds of shows, I still get goosebumps when I see the Marines march from behind the memorial. Also, you get better seats, well grass at Iwo, and there is not nearly as much waiting around. I also have some good connections at 8th and I.

Sgt Jolly

Thanks....

We would love to see you there.....You just have to watch out for Cas and Jerry....They are always trying to get us in trouble....LOL...

Sempers,

Roger

NOTHING is more impressive as the Sunset Parade and 8th and I. No Marine can watch that and NOT have a chill run down his spine, his chest swell with pride and a tear in his eye!!
    Just another reason the Marines are the FINEST..period!

Where's is the reunion???
    Robbie

In Wash DC

Thanks...Super Dave.....You are getting to quick for me today.....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...threadid=12220

Sempers,

Roger

Can't make it this year Tankers reunion is 2005 at Philadelpha Pa.
    Robbie

Travelling right now, looking for a new home
    Credits
    Savings

Wink

I'd love to go. Do we just show up or do we get tickets beforehand?

Grayshade

More info...will be supplied.....as soon as we get it....
    Our next step is to look for a Hotel with the best deal for us....

Alert...DC....

Leatherneck...com....is coming again.....

Last year the Pentagon Tour was worth it.........Maybe again this year.........Also the WW II Memorial should be completed.......

Roger, I found a good deal on a hotel last year, its the confort inn at exit 2 off 395, Colleen knows the info, we need to check this out, they were going to let us use the banquet room if we had 20 guest. Much better to drink at motel than to drink and drive around in DC. and the motel is new and much better price's.
    JUSTSOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Forget..............NEVER!!!!!!!!
    FREEBIRD

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    If it is off 295, that means going across the WIlson Bridge while construction ins underway for anything on this side of the river - like the Pentagon, Arlington Ridge, the Cemetery - just something to think about.

Remember, Heather and I get to ride on the hog, too.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    May 20 to 24

On the Calendar, Vacation request goes in tomorrow.

Whos up for splitting expenses ??

Smoker, opinionated, snoreer (sp?)

Terry

Marinemon
    I don't mean this post to be nasty so don't take it that way but you must be on drugs or don't know much about DC, first if you go back and read I said 395 not 295 and the pentagon is about 4 miles from the motel, the 8th and I is maybe 5 miles and Viet Nam wall is maybe 5 miles, only bridge is 14th street bridge, no traffic, no construction, and most of all no stupid ass people like where we stayed last year. that motel was the pits, but If you like that go for it, i'm not staying in or even close to DC, I been there done that, no thanks, Alexandria is much better, nice town, nice bars, great food, and only 5 mile from all that we want to see.
    Please don't be mad at me when you read this, I just want what I think is best for everybody, last year i had a deal worked for free banquet roo, and you can get a car with your room for 10.00 more, dont know what the price will be this year, Colleen is suppose to check it out for us. Even the motel close to where Collen lives would be better than staying in Dc to me.
    Thanks,
    FREEBIRD

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Potential SNAFU with dates

High School Graduation (NOOOOooooo not mine )

Gotta see, but planning on DC

Terry

Credits
    Savings

HECK NO

Hey,
    I am not going to make ANY hotel decisions this year.
    After the bull**it I had to put up with last year...
    "I'm coming...no shows"

I had arranged a reasonable hotel..after all...you are just showering and sleeping...do you need special soaps on the tub!!

I had gotten a great rate because of the number that was supposed to show up. If this is Drifter and Freebirds reunion...then let Drifter and Freebird plan it!

I had arranged a restaurant for us too but because not everyone showed up, we got a raw deal there too.

I had arranged the SGTMAJ's banquet afterwards...that is the only time I saw you Marine's actually enjoy being in DC.

I may or may not be there depending on my move to CT.

The sunset parades do not start until later in the spring and as many times as I have been there, it is well worth it.

Thread Information