HELP! What Rank Do I wear on my Dress Blues for MCRD Graduation?
Create Post

HELP! What Rank Do I wear on my Dress Blues for MCRD Graduation?

My son is graduating MCRD 2nd BTN G Co on April 29th. He has asked me to wear my Dress Blues to his graduation at MCRD San Diego. My DD-214 says last rank is E-4 but while on IRR my Honorable Discharge says I was honorably discharged as Sargent E-5. I am within Reg and standard to wear the uniform but I need to know which chevrons to purchase and also do I include the service stripe for my sleeve? I am also having reservations about wearing them at all as it is HIS day. I had mine already!

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hi Brother. Like you said it is his day ! so IMHO I wouldn't but a nice Marine Corps T shirt or Jacket would be nice. You can get one from Sgt. Grit at grunt.com.

For the future you would wear the Sergeant chevrons with the hash mark. Have your DD-214 upgraded to the DD-215 to reflect the rank change.

After he graduates, tell him I said " Semper Fi " and have him join the forum.

Congrats to you all in advance.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

I'd say you answered the question for yourself - graduation is your son's day to show off a little. Even if it's authorized (and the way regs change around, I'm not sure), I'd say just wear appropriate civilian attire. Save the blues for parades, birthday balls, and the like.

And if your discharge says Sergeant, then that's what belongs on your uniforms! And yes, service stripes as earned, the rules for blues and what class A, B, C, D are don't change from active to reserve to "off contract", if they fit and you're squared away of course.

Welcome aboard, by the way!

s/f

Thank you for the reply! How would I go about upgrading to the DD-215? I had to order the DD-214 and just got it in the mail yesterday (the ex threw away most of my Marine Corps stuff, that's another story).

My ex $hitcanned a bunch of my USMC stuff too - before she swooped with Jody.

Occupational hazard...

Jody needs to end, but there are so damn many, had problem with Jody too,SOB, Semper Fidelis.

At least my Jody was a civilian and not another Devil Dog.

Same here Top, it was the first year in the Corps, glad I wasn't married to her, Semper Fidelis.

My Jody was the high school sweetheart that showed up after 20 years of marriage and 3 boys later. That's okay, she got hers in the end. Once I found out and let her go, Jody didn't want her anymore. Good riddance! Garbage in, garbage out!

if she "ran off with Jody" then YOU got the best end of THAT deal... she wasn't worth having in the first place....

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ain't that the truth !

Thread Information