Need advice and help!
Create Post

Need advice and help!

So I went for a run one day and I felt a weird feeling when I was running and the next day my knee was swollen really bad and big and I didn't go to a doctor or anything I thought it would be okay and first thing you know I had fluid in there and I made a doctors appointment and the orthopedic doctor took the fluid out and I have done 2 MRIs and therapy and he said my knee is completely fine when it doesn't feel fine at all! And I'm able to go for runs but my knee feels irritated on the right side of my knee cap and btw this is only on my right knee and it's been over 2 years since my accident and I want to join the marine corps and if I get surgery will I be disqualified?

Similar Threads:

Nick -
    1) Marine and Corps should be capitalized.

2) Unless we have a recruiter on board currently, which I'm not sure we do, we here really can't answer your question about surgery being a DQ for enlistment. Do you have a recruiter you've talked to? If not, find one, and ask there. You'll need some kind of waiver, most likely, and be able to meet all the normal physical and mental standards for entry to enlist, but I don't know.

3) run-on sentences, -5 points for grammar (mostly kidding there, but do try to make things a little easier to read, it will get better answers)

4) Welcome to LN.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    OP, speak with a recruiter and let us know what happens. You may be helping someone else who comes here looking for answers later on. Good luck to you.

also on your knee that is bothering you,, try running with a knee support for a few weeks or so, I had a knee cap that would move to the side a little bit and it would iterate the side of my knee as well, like yours, I wore a light knee brace (you can get them at any pharmacy) for a bit and that took care of it,, you can give that a try if you like

if the MRI see's nothing, then that could, mean,, and I stress could, mean that the knee cap is floating a bit..
    on course I am not a Doc. so take it for what it is worth to you,,

best of luck, keep us posted..

Thread Information