Seasonal Allergies
Create Post

Seasonal Allergies

Are seasonal allergies disqualifying? I get them really bad for 3 to 4 weeks in early spring and I ran out of over the counter medicine (Clariten D) and the pharmacies won't let me buy anymore for a while because you can only purchase a certain amount for a month and I have no clue why, so I went to my doctor and he prescribed me the same medicine so I could have it. Is being prescribed medicine for the seasonal allergies disqualifying? Also I only get it in the spring and don't really have any symptoms any other time except for spring.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We are not Drs. here. These are questions that a Recruiter can answer or a MEPS Dr.

See a Marine Corps Recruiter soon in person.

Keep us posted on what he/she said please.

Best of luck to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The reason they will only let you buy a certain amount is the active ingredient is used in making meth.

I can only speak to when I was in or Joined many moons ago,, then it was not a DQ, and as long as it is controllable.. they can give you what you need at those times of the year, but, it may DQ you for certain MOS's..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seasonal allergies can depend on where you are stationed. I suffered with allergies every August and September in the midwest. Went to boot camp in San Diego during August - no allergies! The offensive weeds weren't native to southern California, not to my first duty station in Hawaii, nor Okinawa or Vietnam. Once I returned to the U.S. and was sent to Quantico, my allergies returned in August.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    But what about getting in in the first place? Are they a disqualifier? Should speak with a recruiter about this.

Thread Information