Re-Enlistment in Navy
Create Post

Question Re-Enlistment in Navy

My situation is rather odd, so I was hoping someone out there might have some helpful advice.

I was in Marine Corps boot camp for 2 months and 12 days. Early in I got pretty sick and had to get a blood test done. As always, Medical found something extra in my blood and ordered more and more tests. Eventually (after completing Phase Two and being back for Team Week) I was diagnosed with normo-cytic anemia and a Leiden Factor V mutation. That basically means that my blood is extremely slow to clot, so even if I got shot in a non vital area I'd be more than likely to bleed out. I was given ELS with a reenlistment code of RE-3P. As a bonus, the Medical Officer put "Not Recommended for Reenlistment" on my medical records.

Here's the catch, after seeing a civilian doctor for further blood tests, it turns out that I don't have any of those conditions or mutations. The test results in boot camp were just because I had gotten tremendously sick. I am attempting to reenlist in the Navy, and they have all my military and civilian medical records, including the most recent blood tests. How likely is it that I can get a waiver for reenlistment/Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can increase my chances of getting back in?

Thank You,
    Brennan Deckrow