Woodland or digital?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member

Woodland or digital?

I am going to buy cammies for paintball. Always want to be stealth so no one knows where the shot came from. What type of cammie works better in the woods? Digital or Woodland? Thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow GO DIGITAL

DIGI-CAMMIES!!!

Very good for camouflage! Even better than Woodland. Smaller pattern and fine, obscured patches of color make them hard to see. There is a scientific reason for the design. The human eye has a hard time "tracing" or "seeing" the outlines of the pattern. Woodlands have solid lines and patterns that are more visible. You can follow with the eye the outline of a block of color etc. Digital cammies look like snow on the TV screen where Woodlands look like an actual picture.

SIXGUNS

FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks, Just wanted to be certain. I remember watching Mail Call and R Lee had something on the new cammies. I said WOW, need to buy them for paintball.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hard to find if you are not on base. Not likely a local Army-Navy store will have them.

Sixguns

Just close your eyes

No one ever sees me, when I close my eyes.

LOL

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Digitals On Sale (online)

Digital Cammies, a.k.a. MARPAT (Marine Pattern)

Cheap(er) imitation imports:

http://www.grunt.com/ - has desert & woodland tops, bottoms, boonies, and Army "ball cap" style covers (!?) - No embroidered EGAs

Real Deal (as far as I can tell):

http://store.yahoo.com/marinecorpsstore/index.html - desert & woodland tops, bottoms, boonies, & Marine style eight-point covers. All have embroidered EGAs.

I'm spending the extra money and going with Marine Corps Store (out of Oceanside, Ca.), theirs appear to be authentic.

FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah I am ordering them from sgt. grt, or grunt.com. Sgt. Grits site and magazines are very cool. A lot of items to buy. If any of you dont have this magazine, get one! they are free.

FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member
    When I recieve those cammies, I will be loving it. I own a paintball gun that looks like the M16A2. Its called the Armotech WG65A2 and its only 1.63 inches short the Military A2. Cant wait, no one will be seeing me. My friends had trouble spotting me when we were playing and I only had on green clothing, and no camo! Imagine with digital.....

Credits
    Savings
    I own a paintball gun that looks like the M16A2
    ...of course, you never run around the house or neighborhood with it, and please tell me you would never run up to a cop to show him your cool paintball gun... would you?

FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member
    Hell no, especially the cops in the town I live in. They arent even real cops, they are constables, no lie. When I walk to a friends house with my paintball gun, it stays in the gun box, not enough money to buy a damn gun bag yet.

TracGunny and FMJ-
    The Marine Corps is/was having a hard time supplying Marines with the new utilities, the company just can't keep up. If you have a pair, or are looking to buy one, look at the actual print itself. The real issue utilities have the Eagle Globe and Anchor with USMC underneath, in random throughout the print. This is how you can tell if ther're knockoffs, and avoid being ripped off.

Semper Fi,

Joe

Credits
    Savings
    This is how you can tell if ther're knockoffs, and avoid being ripped off.
    Thanks for the scoop. I am very skeptic about the authenticity of the digitals I see available on line. My brother ordered a set of woodland and desert digitals from the Marine Corps Store, so I guess I will have to wait to put an eyeball on them to find out. We have a Reserve unit in town (B Co-, 4th AA Bn) and a MarDet at Blount Island, I may have to take the digitals to them and let those in the know cast final judgments.

FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member
    Roborobinson, yeah the pair im buying arent authentic. One of the yahoo Marine stores has a pair that are $60+, dont know if those are authentic though and I dont have that money floating around me.

Credits
    Savings
    random throughout the print
    Robo: Please explain; does that mean the EGA is part of the digital pattern placed randomly throughout the cloth? Pardon the analogy, but something like finding the bunnies-head logo on the cover photo of Playboy? (- and, no, whenever I happen to pick up a copy of Playboy, I DO NOT read the articles... could not care less about Hef's "philosophy”... ) I am fairly certain that is what you mean, but thought it best to verify.

I do not think the photos provided by the on line stores are hi-res enough to find EGAs in the pattern.

I will let you all know what I find when the sets my brother ordered arrive for mail call...

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    TracGunny,

Random in the pattern, and upside down

Thread Information