Woodland or digital? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the knockoffs do have the random EGA with USMC under it

I bought a pair of Digis from the army navy store, and when i bought them the clerk at the store told me that they were reproductions, and they have the EGA with USMC randomly on them, however, they do not have the embroidered EGA.

The Eagle, Globe and Anchor symbol is randomly placed in the material pattern. It MAY be upside down if the material was turned that way before assembling. However, in the 4 pair that I have, the Eagle, Globe and Anchor is right-side-up.

In order to make sure that they are "official" - make sure that they are manufactured by the "official" contractors. the contractor's name is on the label.

For those of you who rember the days of "starched" utilities, these can be washed and worn with just a little light pressing. There is no more starching of the cover either.

"Desert" style boots may be worn with either Woodland or Desert MARPAT utilities.

Sure ain't Old Corps, is it boys?

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    GASP...no more starchies!?!

Credits
    Savings
    Damn, I don't even iron the hubbies...He washes and dries and puts em on....
    His Eagle Globe and Anchor is upside down.

TracGunny,

Yes, they are random in placement and color, but after turning them over once or twice you can see them with no problem. Also, you do not starch them; we learned in Recruit Training that this makes them actually "transparent", effectively ruining the concept behind them. You can use like "Magic Sizing", and this will make them squared away, or you can put just a crease in them, although not required, and it makes them look a he!! of a lot better.

MajMike -

The ones that I got issued in Recruit Training say "PROPPER INTERNATIONAL INC." No misspelling on the "Propper" part. My Eagle GLobe and Anchor is upside down in certain places.

Semper Fi,

Joe

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is why I stated you can only get the real deal on base. Knock offs are all around. In fact, almost a year ago a California shop was put off limits to Marines because the cammies and boots being sold as the new, authentic digital pattern and suede boots were in fact not! The boots did not have the emblem on the heel and although the embroidered emblem on the pocket and cover looked to be exact, the material contained no emblem and USMC in the cloth.

Additionally, the manufacturer of the material and garments are forbidden to sell to supplies other than the Marine Corps due to registered markings and contractual agreements made during procurement.

Sixguns

Wink

I got a set of both Desert and Woodland digital with the embroidered Eagle, Globe and Anchor. But no small emblem throuhout the top and bottom. From a distance it looks like the real deal, but just knowing that they knock offs makes me conscious about wearing them. So I too got one set of Woodland from Marine Corps Store in California. Will reply when they come. charlie222.

A COP is a constable. COP stands for constable on patrol. If you mean constable as in an English police officer....well to me the English COPs were nicer then American COPs.

I was able to find some digis at my local Army-Navy store. They weren't the same ones that are issues with the slanted pockets but they are digis nevertheless.

I'm thinking about getting into airsoft now. Paintball is so expensive and a hassle. I've seen an airsoft gun that looks like the M16A2. Cool stuff indeed.

MEh, well I'm the redundant one now aren't I? Forgot that there was a 2nd page to this thread before I posted.

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If its invisibility you are looking for forget all the camies build yourself a guillie suit, but they are to bulky for speedball. only good for stalking and sniping. I prefer mossy oak break up over all the camoflauge patterns for woodland and Nat Gear for open field.

Talking

As for an Airsoft gun, I've got one for Christmas (ok Santa brought me one), it looks like the MP-5 w/folding stock. Shoots 6mm BB's. A fellow Marine stopped by the other day and check it out. But his first reaction was hell what's that? I pick it up to hand it over to him and he was not to certain about it. Then he notice that the tip of the fire suppressor was orange (federal regulation). So he then fired a few shots at the paper target that comes with it. As for taking it out of my Apt.I too would carry it in it's Box. I live in "The Big Apple", and we have Cop's who are color blind and would like to see anyone with a weapon (toy or not). charlie222.

HAHA
    I have a cheap one that I bought on sale for 20- bucks at Big 5. Jolly good fun eh!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is why I stated you can only get the real deal on base
    Thanks, Sixguns, kinda what I figured. Knock-offs will be fine for me. Besides, the LAST thing I would want to do is take the "authentic" away from the Warriors who really need them...

FullMetalJacket
    Guest Free Member
    yankeedoodleash, go to this site and see these:
    www.armotech.us

Geez, those look like so much fun

Thread Information