Marines at college, question
Create Post

Marines at college, question

I would like to first clear thing up and make sure that nothing else stand in my way.
    I got my GEd and after this qauter gonna have 22 quater hours in school. The recruiter said I would have to have 22, the minium quater credit hours for non-highscholl graduates to be able to join the Marines. Is this correct? Nothing else staqnd in my way to get cleard? Besides the physical?

And now, what about school?
    Will I be able to go to school using the Gi bill as soon as I am base?
    I would like to go there and get a 4 year degree and maybe look at being an officer. Or would I have to pay for my school?
    Any advice or comments are always welcome.
    Thanks.

P.S. I really aprreciate you guys answering all my questing, as stupid as some of them sound. But a stupid question is an unasked one, right?
    Thanks a lot!

Are you sure you have 22 college credits? If your going to ask a question pertaining to education you should at least review what your writing, to ensure it is clear, concise and free of spelling errors. Go back and look at all the errors you made in your post!

Once you EARN the title Marine, you will not need the Gi Bill, because you'll be able to utilize the tuition reimbursement. As far as having the time, that’s another issue, which depends on your MOS. If you’re going to enlist in the United States Marine Corps then do just that. You will need to be focused on trying to make it through boot camp not on what you’re going to do after you make it, if you do! Just take it one step at a time. Once you step on those yellow footprints life after boot camp will seem very, very far off.

I'm with Sgtj on this one. Whether in the Marine Corps, school or the job force, the ability to communicate - both verbally and in written form - is a basic requirement.

Yeah yeah yeah. I agree. Sorry about all the typos.
    I was in school typing that so I didn't have much time. But, do not underestimate my ability to write a proper report, whether it be an e-mail, forum or in the form of a speech. I have proper grammer in both areas. ( speech and writing)
    So, again, I apologize about the misunderstanding. And yes, after this quarter I will have 22 quarter hours.
    Thanks.

Zach White

Being Belligerent won’t get you to far POOLIE! When do you leave for boot camp?

Sergeant Jolly

I do not know yet. I have to finish school, but, hopefully around july or october. The recruiter said that he has about 15 people in DEP. So, no idea.

That should be "Yeah, yeah, yeah SIR!" or "Yeah, yeah, yeah sergeant!" Better learn it now.

In the Marine Corps as in life, one rarely gets a "do over." If you can indeed communicate effectively in your native language then do so the first time. Take the extra 45 seconds to run spell check.

I don't give a rat's a$$ if you know how to do it but didn't do it the first time - be it spelling, grammer or weapon cleaning. There is no "do over" or next time if you go into combat with a weapon that is dirty and mis-fires. If I am your squad leader, gunny, first sergeant or platoon commander you jeopardize your life and mine because you didn't do it correctly this time. Get used to doing everything to the best of your ability the first time. You will save yourself a lot of grief...and maybe your life.

Do you understand this principle?

And "July" and "October" are capitalized as are ALL proper nouns.

You just happened upon an officer who was an English major in college. Your lucky day, poolee!

Sergeant Jolly, get this poolee squared away!

That should be "Yeah, yeah, yeah SIR!" or "Yeah, yeah, yeah sergeant!" Better learn it now.

In the Marine Corps as in life, one rarely gets a "do over." If you can indeed communicate effectively in your native language than do so the first time. Take the extra 45 seconds to run spell check.

I don't give a rat's a$$ if you know how to do it but didn't do it the first time - be it spelling, grammer or weapon cleaning. There is no "do over" or next time if you go into combat with a weapon that is dirty and mis-fires. If I am your squad leader, gunny, first sergeant or platoon commander you jeopardize your life and mine because you didn't do it this time. Get used to doing everything to the best of your ability the first time. You will save yourself a lot of grief...and maybe your life.

Do you understand this principle?

And "July" and "October" are capitalized as are ALL proper nouns.

You just happened upon an officer who was an English major in college. Your lucky day, Poolee!

Sergeant Jolly, get this Poleee squared away!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow Stay in the present

I LOVE IT WHEN THE UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE WHO CAN'T JOIN ARE MAKING PLANS FOR THE GI BILL AND OTHER ASPECTS OF MARINE CORPS LIFE THAT ARE SIX MONTHS AHEAD OF THE DAY THEY JOIN OR AT THE END OF AN ENLISTMENT THAT HASN'T STARTED.

Maybe we should focus on one goal at a time. Let's get qualified to join first! Then we can jump the next hurdle. Programs change and so do requirements or eligibility. So, until you are in, things could change. I appreciate your quest to know the future, but I think you need a little more study time in current events!

SIXGUNS

I wish there was some way to put them all on the Quarter Deck!

Maybe in a few more years and a little more Technology.

Thread Information