Combat Engineer
Create Post

Thread: Combat Engineer

Combat Engineer

Hello, I've just recently become a poolee. My next step is choosing an MOS. I am interested in becoming a Combat Engineer. I've done some research and talked with my recruiter about it. He showed me a list of jobs available for my ship date. However, all of it was in strange abbreviations (UH is infantry for example). He told me that if I were to sign for CX, I would go through MOS school and become a combat engineer after bootcamp and MCT. I just want to know if CX is just the engineering field or the specific Combat Engineer MOS. I've heard a million different things regarding getting a 1371 MOS. I know nothing can be guaranteed in the Marine Corps, but 1371 is something I really want to do. So I just want to know before I sign a contract and then end up getting a different MOS. Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Active duty applicants cannot sign a contract to be a 1371 (reserve applicants can). All you can do is sign up for the CX program. While you're at MCT, the USMC will decide where they need you the most. Could be electrician, bulk fuel, combat engineer, etc. How lucky do you feel?

Every graduating MCT class, there are Marines disappointed with their primary MOS (not what they wanted). Some are happy too.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thanks Top. Spot on as usual. You saved me a lot of typing lol.

Reservists are identified to fill particular open billets with their local reserve unit. So, they sign for a specific MOS - based on the needs of that reserve company/battalion. Their contract will identify that MOS.

Active duty Marines are assigned their primary MOS - based on the needs of the Marine Corps. Their contract will identify a program (not a specific MOS which will be determined by the manpower management folks at a later date).

Thank you, Marines for the information. I've done a lot of research, so any and all information is greatly appreciated. I just spoke to my recruiter and another recruiter within the same RSS who was a combat engineer. The CX program is brand new (hence the lack of information on the internet) and includes 2131, 2141, 2146, 2147, all MOS's that would interest me. So I'm sure I'd be satisfied no matter what. But at the end of the day, the most important thing to me is earning the title of United States Marine! I can't wait for the day I can call myself a Marine.

I think I am going to copy tops responses and use it to paste to everyones thread. This question gets asked daily, its only a matter of time before the hey I want to be recon/MARSOC/ other operator job posts start flying in again.

^^^you're right. Because all those jobs are open to females now too. Means even more Rambo wannabes out there.

Thread Information