Brother of Fallen Marine , Am I allowed to say Semper Fi ? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fl1946 I believe your reading the post wrong, never did I say I was stuck wearing his cover or any of his issued gear and im not trying to sprinkle any pixie dust on myself either. Not trying to argue about this either I don't know what you meant by your not convinced of my sincerity either please explain more. This post wasn't made to offend anyone either just simply wanted to know what I should say

Tell those greeting you with "Semper Fi" you're wearing your brother's articles in honor of him. That's the right way to go.

Just give a head nod, its a neutral action. Only when questioned about your involvement in the Marines should you offer up information about your brother and reason behind wearing it.

Sounds to me like you're coming across as a poser. Every time someone questions you it's defensive talk that I hear, like "maybe you didn't read my whole post." Oh, we've read it and you know exactly what you're doing. If your brother died in the Corps it's OK to tell Marines, many of them know a little about death.

At 22 I was already a veteran, what's taking you so long. I'd say wearing an MC tshirt is OK, but acting like a Marine is not, and I believe you know the difference. Why do I think that, I've read your posts.

How about buying a T'shirt that has "My brother/sister/son/daughter is a Marine"; these shirts are available from the PX, Sgt. Grit, etc.,. or "I'm a proud mother/father of a Marine".

I am a Marine and my son is a Marine and I will tell you that I often question the wearer of Marine Corps products.

Thread Information