Help Finding your Platoon Book or Records .... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It is going to take a lot of digging and work. Hopefully there are still records somewhere. I am positive there was no research done to retrieving my medical records from the Army when I submitted form DD 149. Or such poor records were kept in Vietnam that they may have been destroyed if they were received by my unit?

Semper Fi,
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    It is going to take a lot of digging and work. Hopefully there are still records somewhere. I am positive there was no research done to retrieving my medical records from the Army when I submitted form DD 149. Or such poor records were kept in Vietnam that they may have been destroyed if they were received by my unit?

Semper Fi,
    Russ
    Russ....if you haven't done this already....

I'll throw out one more option for you to pursue which I would say is a protocol for someone like yourself.
    In the link below you can request copies of your military records.
    See the middle box at top of the page regarding the form SF-180.
    Fill it out completely and accurately.....and just wait it out.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/mi...ervice-records

It will take months but you will be current with what they have for on record for you.
    You never know what gems of info you may uncover.

Yes....I did it some a few year ago....waited (6) and got a packet full of info including health record history.

Hope that helps....

Thank You once again for all the valuable information, it really does help (I didn't know about form SF-180). I will get the form submitted very soon. I really am praying that somewhere there are medical records and they will be found.

Semper Fi,
    Russ

Hey Bill, still looking for my yearbook, San Diego Plt 2100 1975. Gary doesn't have it posted at yellowfootprints. Tried other searches to no avail.

Looking to find a book for my dad, platoon 321 in 1970

Just some Information to pass along.. in the past several weeks and month I have some Platoon books go home and so if you see your platoon book don't get to upset if I sent it to another home already..
    Semper Fi ..

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1955 View Post
    Bump

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Hey Bill, still looking for my yearbook, San Diego Plt 2100 1975. Gary doesn't have it posted at yellow footprints. Tried other searches to no avail.
    Kegler I have looked and no luck yet sorry..

Thread Information