Help Finding your Platoon Book or Records .... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Still looking for my platoon book 1033 San Diego Calif.1980; April to July
    THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP! Marine 1955 i'll keep looking.

If there is anybody out there from platoon 258,parris island 1972 and one of your drill instructers was sgt.dicks,please contact me at centillionare123@aol.com.i would like to get a copy of our platoon picture if you still have it. A.vasquez

Added three new books..

Three New books to add.

1st MCRD S.D. Platoons 2001,2002,2003 Jan. 9 1985 to March, 22 1985

2nd MCRD P.I. Platoons 2072, 2073, 2074, 2075 Aug. 5 2008 to Oct. 24 2008

3rd MCRD P.I. Platoon 141 May 21, 1973 to Aug. 6 1973

Looking for Marines of Honor Platoon 2255 12/1968 or 01/1969

Hello Marine 55!
    I am hunting my platoon book from 97. Stepped on the yellow footprints 16 Dec 96 and was born (graduated) on 23 Mar 97. I have been hunting it for several years now with no luck. I am exhausted. If you have one or can help track one down I would be indebted to you!!! Looked all over Amazon, eBay, and Leatherneck. I don't know what else to do.
    I eagerly await your response!!
    Desperately seeking...

Adding another Platoon Book From Parris Island
    Jan. 30 - 1954 to April 10 - 1954 Platoons 51 & 58
    excellent CONDITION..

Adding another new book ..
    Platoon 4020 & 4021 July 2 , 1987 to Sept. 12 , 1987...

I am looking for anyone who knew Russel Hedman, he was wounded in Dia Do, RVN 1968 serving with the 3rd Tank Battalion.

Hi Charlie,
    I am going through the same circumstance as the Marine you're helping Kenneth White. I was wounded in Dai Do, Vietnam in 1968 and medevaced to an Army MASH unit in Da Nang. Somehow/someway my medical records were never transferred from the Army MASH unit to my unit 3rd Tank Battalion (USMC). I have submitted the appropriate paperwork DD149.

I was denied my purple heart because they could not verify that I was wounded through medical records. I was told my medical records would be sent to my command, which they never were. Is there anything I can do to get my Purple Heart? It's been such a long time that I have almost given up on trying to pursue getting my Purple Heart, until I read your e-mail.

Semper Fi,
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    Hi Charlie,
    I am going through the same circumstance as the Marine you're helping Kenneth White. I was wounded in Dai Do, Vietnam in 1968 and medevaced to an Army MASH unit in Da Nang. Somehow/someway my medical records were never transferred from the Army MASH unit to my unit 3rd Tank Battalion (USMC). I have submitted the appropriate paperwork DD149.

I was denied my purple heart because they could not verify that I was wounded through medical records. I was told my medical records would be sent to my command, which they never were. Is there anything I can do to get my Purple Heart? It's been such a long time that I have almost given up on trying to pursue getting my Purple Heart, until I read your e-mail.

Semper Fi,
    Russ
    Russ....
    I read about Dai Do hell and there is a documentary on YT still available (I think).

Found this site which has the AAR of 3/4 in May '68.
    See the 'download' button at top right of the .pdf file menu bar.

I haven't read it yet but maybe this will help connect the dots regarding your dilemma noted above.
    https://catalog.archives.gov/id/2435140

This is the homepage link if you desire further AAR info:
    https://www.archives.gov/research/mi...and-chronology

Hope that helps....SF

Russ....
    I noticed the Dai Do Op began in April 68.
    I couldn't find the 3rd Tank Bn AAR for April but I did find the 3rd MarDiv AAR for April which may be helpful also.
    https://catalog.archives.gov/id/2432039

Carry on...

Thank You for both of the e-mails SF. I really appreciate them!!!
    Russ

Marine 1955 & Chulaivet 1966, I 'd like to Thank You both (I went to the sites)...I hope you received my posts. I was having issues with my computer yesterday.

God Bless,
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    Marine 1955 & Chulaivet 1966, I 'd like to Thank You both (I went to the sites)...I hope you received my posts. I was having issues with my computer yesterday. God Bless, Russ
    Yes....saw your response....glad to help.

Back in 2008 I began researching my SE Asian history and managed to find all the AAR's for my unit (W/2/11) during my time.
    They can corroborate one's memories and my memory of it all certainly wasn't going to get better as I hit 70.
    I also downloaded AAR's for other units in the 1st MarDiv that we were attached to (1st MarDiv, BLT 1/5. III MAF, 1/5, 2/5, 3/5) which were also informative/interesting reading.

Yes....it takes some digging and going beyond page 1 of your Google searching.

Anyway....good fortune to you on your quest for more information.

Carry on....

Thread Information