"Female infantry" boots? Hearsay or no - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well, these women wanted to be grunts, they got what they wished for! lol. Thanks yfp, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfootprint View Post
    I am in first battalion eighth Marines and we got our first female this month. It isn't hearsay. They're mostly NCOs, my battalion got 3. They have their own barracks room (yes they live in same barracks as the men). So far we did one field op as 0341 where our female boot came and it showed that she was very inexperienced (as she should be since she just got to the fleet...) so this week we have just been going over the basics. She seemed to have forgotten all the basic Mortarman knowledge and same with scouting and patrolling, etc. Pretty much any 03xx knowledge we have needs to be force fed because she doesn't know a lot of it. As time goes I'm sure she will eventually learn. Although she falls out of PTs, just like the others that I have heard rumors about, she has a desire to learn and stay where she's at. I'm curious to see how she will do in our first crew serve hike.
    Be careful some women like to pretend they don't know and get men to do there work for them I have seen it first hand. Women saying OH NO I forgot so that the man can look good and take advantage so they want work so hard ..
    Watchem closely

I will deff keep you posted. She thought she could walk in all the senior lance rooms and check field day she got her ass turned around real quick. And I will deff make sure she pulls her own weight...

This is a hot topic with Marines (it will heat up even more when the open transgenders start showing up in July and they too end up in infantry battalions). Many want to see this progressive social experiment fail. Or, general Mattis just do away with it completely. Your command's leadership will set the tone. If they want these female Marines to succeed, then your mission is to make sure that happens (you don't get to make that decision).

^^^notice, I did not say do their jobs for them. I mean, be supportive, positive, and don't try to undermine them - that only hurts your 0341 section. They ARE Marines afterall. If they fail, they will fail on their own. If they outrank you, they outrank you.
    You will respect their rank just like any other superior.

Yellow foot print, thanks for the info. You said she tried to inspect a room of senior lances?!?

I think the problem is there has been too much time spent fighting something they are not going to change. Everyone is kicking and screaming about how females cannot be in the infantry no matter how you feel about the situation it is happening. So it is probably better to embrace the suck now and suck it up and figure out how to make it work than sit around and cry and complain about how much **** might suck when they do start coming to the units. It is going to only get forced upon you more and more so it isnt going away, effect the things you can change and learn to live with what you cannot.

I more or less disagree with that position, Munky. I'm out of the Marines now for about 17 years, but whenever this topic comes up around my wife's "social elite" friends, I never back down from my position. I agree there is little value in complaining and whining about it. But speaking the truth whenever and wherever, even at the cost of (especially at the cost of) social status, is part of the fight; I'm an American fighting man, I don't surrender from the enemy, whether he's a foreigner with a gun or a domestic peer with bad information.

It's called sexual dymorphism, if you want to get technical with people; nature selects certain roles for certain sexes. We see males engineered for war and combat across almost every species on the planet. Those capacities are built into us at a physical, mental and spiritual level. The physical is the easiest for civilians to understand, but it's also the least important. An argument I like to use is this: Ask a man to not shower for 3-5 days. What does he call it? Vacation. Ask a woman not to shower for 3-5 days. What does she call it? Torturous hell. My wife's friends get a chuckle out of that but it also helps them see the truth in it.

But, unfortunately, this isn't "your fight" as Marines (or servicemembers) in any other capacity than qualifying (and executing) as registered voters. Society will not accept your position or opinion on this, except for periodically asking you to report data on the subject that they will disregard anyway if it doesn't suit their findings. This is a societal problem, resulting from too many people watching a few movies or TV shows and thinking they have any real understanding of how the military works. I often ask one of my wife's friends "Chrissy, do I ever come to G.E. and tell you how to be an engineering team design manager? No, of course not. So why do you and other civilians like to burst into the house of the Marine Corps and tell us how we should order our affairs?"

Anyway, yeah, as anything else, follow your lawful orders when and where you have to. But don't ever stop speaking the reality about combat, battle, and warfighting that you know to be true.

Credits
    Savings
    SOCIAL ENGINEERING ?

I wonder (even though i know the answer)

Do these female Marines get to blow the whistle ?

Shower with a friend ?

Thread Information