"Female infantry" boots? Hearsay or no
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Female infantry" boots? Hearsay or no

Hello. We are currently on deployment and we keep hearing word about female boots actually being in our platoons by the time we get back. Can any grunts here attest to this being true? Does anyone currently have "female grunts" in their infantry battalion? It all sounds like hearsay from our point of view. Can anyone actually confirm current "female boots"? I literally just created this account to find out some in the rear word.

reh

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    From what I understand, there are no female Marines currently in the infantry pipeline at this point. I haven't heard too much about females lining up to be grunts either. A few for Raiders, yes, but very little news about regular infantry.

Nick, please fill out a little more of your profile for us. How you have your name is fine since you're AD.

Keep your head down and watch six.

Saw article about this in a recent Marine Corps Times. It said around 300 females have been identified as being eligible to lat move into combat arms MOS's (infantry, armor, artillery). Don't know out of those 300 how many will actually do it but some have already submitted their lat move requests - I'm inclined to believe they'll be approved. These females have already completed ITB and many also took part in the infantry training studies. Imagine the ones lat moving into armor and artillery still need to go to those MOS schools to attain those MOS's. As for infantry, as soon as those lat move requests are approved, travel orders cut, and PCS leave taken, they should be reporting into their respective battalions for duty. Not heard word if that is happening now or not.

Good luck Devil and let us know what you find out.

Your first shirt could be a WM,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Not yet as far as I know. My battalion was saying we would get some after the Christmas block leave but nothing so far. From what I've seen its just scuttlebutt at this point. Now ITB is a completely diffrent story. I know some guys who went through during the gender testing and man do they have some good horror story's....

Obviously no one except for you cares about female boots being in the fleet already or else you wouldnt have had to bump this thread twice. Is it you are just looking for something to complain about before you get back to garrison? Its going to happen whether you like it or not better start getting used to the idea of having females in your units. Its not a popular decision i suggest you go get a straw and suck it up.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Josh, I agree 100%. It's going to happen. So instead of trying to make it difficult.....try to help make it work as best you can.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickyg1478 View Post
    Bump
    Never mind about bumping the thread Marine.

Square away your complete profile and spelling or I will delete this thread.

Just a heads up for anyone who replied to my original thread. It just so happens I went through advanced machine gun course a few months ago with the first female applicant. Turns out she will hit the fleet in December of this year.

I've never been overly concerned with women in many roles of the Military..

When it comes to being a Grunt, with field environments, heavy loads and the hygiene alone... I have to question the sound judgement and decision of this foolhardy decision...

This is nothing more than another idiotic Social Experiment that will inevitably cost many, many lives...

There is a SOLID raeson Man & Women are physically made different...!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Agree with Foxtrot Oscar
    Social experiment
    Take the finest fighting force and insert females
    What do you get ?
    Something that doesn't get the job done

Quote Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar View Post
    I've never been overly concerned with women in many roles of the Military..

When it comes to being a Grunt, with field environments, heavy loads and the hygiene alone... I have to question the sound judgement and decision of this foolhardy decision...

This is nothing more than another idiotic Social Experiment that will inevitably cost many, many lives...

There is a SOLID raeson Man & Women are physically made different...!!!
    spot on, FO

Thread Information