PSEP package being held. what can I do
Create Post

PSEP package being held. what can I do

Good evening all,

I'm a Marine reservist seeking guidance. I came here a few months ago trying to put together a package to get a conditional release from the reserves. With the guidance I received, I was able to successfully acquire the signature needed from Marforres. Now I've hit yet another snag.

I submitted my full package to the recruiter and we submitted all required forms including the request for examination at the local MEPS and it has been sitting in RS Operations section to be evaluated for 3 weeks now.

The Ops chief said that reservists dont need to go to MEPS which is completely wrong and the package hasnt been submitted up the chain. I'm losing my mind over this. It took 8 months to get that 368 signed, Its due to expire soon, and now I seemingly cant do anything. does anyone know the actual process from the recruiter on up? should I contact Ops?

Similar Threads:

Can't answer your question. But, I know the Operations Section stays busy with all the waiver requests they receive from all the RSS's in their district (plus other stuff I'm sure). Don't know how they prioritize their in-basket but no doubt it stays full.

Tough call about contacting them. You want to make sure they in fact have your package and realize the 368 is time-sensitive. On the other hand, you risk ****ing somebody off and having them put your application on the bottom of the stack.

Good luck, and let us know how this all works out.

Why do you want to get released from the reserves am I missing something? Semper Fidelis

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    no clue

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've read the post 3 times already, can't figure this one out. Hope the OP comes back to elaborate or clarify.

I am conditionally released from the reserves in order to try to get into the active duty Marine Corps. Its like a prior service coming back in but a bit harder. anyways The conditional release has an expiration on it for march 22nd and my package has been held after submitting it to my recruiter and him forwarding it to his commands operations section to validate it. They havent looked at it even though I submitted it a month ago. I dont know what my options would be. Do I call Operations myself and risk getting my head chewed off or do I get my unit involved. I'm just not sure. I feel like a damned new poolee. I enjoy the Marine Corps and I really want to just take the pay cut and do it full time. maybe even retire.

P.S. It's been a rough week so I wasnt able to reply obviously

Your profile says unemployed how in the hell can you take a paycut? Don't you have a First Shirt that can help you out? Semper Fidelis

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good call Ronnie !!!

Do whatever you need to do but do it now Marine.

Last edited by Rocky C; 02-19-16 at 06:01 PM.

I recently got off contract (IT) so you'd be right. I'll go up to my unit on monday but if not I'm just going to file a congressional complaint over the mismanagement of this entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by crazynotinsane View Post
    I recently got off contract (IT) so you'd be right. I'll go up to my unit on monday but if not I'm just going to file a congressional complaint over the mismanagement of this entire process.
    Why bother with all these posts. Just file the Congressional Complaint. That will take care of the problem in a heart beat. DUH.

I've always heard that it could fall back on you hard so I've kind of saved it as a last resort.

UPDATE: So I filed the congressional complaint and at the same time, got my OIC involved. They finally checked it and subsequently rejected it. Apparently the recruiters were never 100% on how to create the package so now I guess I'll just have to rush this in myself. Does anyone know what a Page #11, 12, and 13 statement is?

Thread Information