Mistake...
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mistake...

Mistake...

Evening, gentlemen. ( How about Marines. There are male and female Marines on this forum ). Tonight at the gym, was doing some deadlift, and somehow lost the key to my barracks room. Now my platoon Sgt says that I will have a "negative counciling unless I find it"... Anyone ever get this before? How bad is it?

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 02-18-16 at 08:28 AM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    a negative counseling!?....who cares...take it, move on, and don't let it happen again

Does this mean it goes in your record book (which may adversely affect your PRO/CON marks), or is it just an ass chewing?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Does this mean it goes in your record book (which may adversely affect your PRO/CON marks), or is it just an ass chewing?
    it shouldn't unless his Plt.Sgt is a huge d**k, should just be a "you screwed up devil, don't let it happen again" type thing

Thank you for the replies, everyone.

I lost the key to the squad bay once, no problem.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If it is an official counseling it may go on your page 11 in your SRB....things may have changed but years back for losing ID cards...rifle cards....meal cards et. multiple times you were counseled and entry was made....but not for one time...

Didn't have any keys....but those are government issue with #'s .....so public works locksmith will have to be called to rekey the lock and issue new keys to you and your roommate's....

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Lose a key? Negative counseling! Not just counseling. Not just encouraging you to be more careful. But Joe can marry Jim, and Sally can marry Becky, and transgenders, gays and lesbians can join the Corps to their heart's content, and all of that is fine. No negative comments, no negative counseling. Yes, our society is doing great, and the Corps' future looks bright. The OP is fortunate that the authorities didn't convene a special court-martial for this key incident. LOL.....ah, the wonders of the 21st century, where right is wrong and wrong is right.

I lost the key to the Battalion Clock and ended up getting restricted from ever having to carry it again.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahahahahaha.

Credits
    Savings
    And this is cause for negative counseling ?
    You can't fix it so screw it accept the chicken s--- and move on with your life

Stupidest fvckin thing I ever heard, Semper Fidelis.

A negative counseling is just paperwork showing that you have been formally counseled on something and that if it happens again the punishment will get worse. it wont follow you it is basically a slap on the wrist. your plt sgt is an idiot though for even doing any paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    A negative counseling is just paperwork showing that you have been formally counseled on something and that if it happens again the punishment will get worse. it wont follow you it is basically a slap on the wrist. your plt sgt is an idiot though for even doing any paperwork.
    ^^^ This.

Or your platoon Sgt really loves paperwork, I knew a few of those.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I hate stuff like this, Andy. You know how we are all set off by one thing or another. This is one of those things for me. The stupidity and intolerance, BUT the tolerance and acceptance of really stupid things is prevalent.

That's why I say this right is wrong and wrong is right is something relatively new in our society.

You young ones don't fully see this, but if you had been around 40 years ago, you would most definitely know that none of this foolishness today was tolerated.

Thread Information