Thousands of Marines, sailors celebrate 2nd Marine Division's 75th anniversary - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I was stationed at Lejeune several times. I have a lot of good memories there. My oldest son was born there ( he later became a Marine ). I also met my wife of 50 years at Carolina Beach(close to Lejeune), and I was stationed at the Rifle Range which was good duty.

I had a car, and that allowed me to go and come as I please. I often picked up riders at the circle on mainside, and swooped to a lot of places. I've been back to Lejeune several times, and have enjoyed the visits.

The only negative that I associate with Lejeune is the contaminated water problem, that continues to this date, and that the Marine Corps denied it until it was proven.

So that's my problem I drank that chit for 15 months,lol, I did go back through there in 2003, what a change, Semper Fidelis.

I went back for the dedication of the Carlos Hathcock sniper range ; the opening of the Marsoc facilities, and once just to go back for the memories, both located at the rifle range. Hpwever, they now officialy call it Stone Bay, not just the Rifle Range.

Did you register for the water contamination?

Mitch I did register, they do send out a lot of letters, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information