Re-Enlisting question
Create Post

Re-Enlisting question

Hello Marines,

First and foremost, I'm just trying to look for some honest advice about re-enlisting into the Marine Corps. I understand if some of you Marines can be very blunt about this situation, and I definitely deserve that.

Now to start; in 2014, I enlisted into the Marine Corps right after graduating high school at the age of 17 and shipped out around August 4th, 2014 to MCRD San Diego. At the time, I felt kind of pressured to ship out since my MOS option had a bonus opportunity that could be taken so my recruiter talked me into leaving earlier. I knew this was a mistake as I wasn't ready. Throughout boot camp, I made it to T-20, but during that span of 20 training days + processing week, I started to feel very unmotivated and felt my performance seriously deteriorating. At the time of shipping out, I had some personal issues with family going on which was another draw back to myself becoming unmotivated. I eventually spoke to my SDI about myself having suicidal ideations from being on the depot, and I was eventually taken to NMCSD where I was held in the psych ward for a few days and then taken back to MCRDSD for seperation.

Upon discharge on September 11, 2014, I was given an RE-3P discharge code with a separation code of JFV-1.

Now in the past, I've never had these feelings before, so when I went into the boot camp, it was something new to me. I wasn't discharged with fradulent entry. Fast forward to the present, I definitely do feel very ashamed of how I was. I'm now 19 years old, and I've honestly recovered from that experience. I don't feel the way I do anymore and I've been attending college with a stable mental-self. I really want to try to re-enlist and get back into the Marine Corps and finish what I started but I don't know if that's entirely possible with my circumstance. Is there any possibility, even the slightest chance that I'll be able to get back in? If there's anything I need to obtain, what would it be?

Thank you so much for reading my issue and I appreciate any help.