Torn between combat engineer or heavy equipment/diesel mechanic
Create Post

Torn between combat engineer or heavy equipment/diesel mechanic

Hi and thank you all Marines for your service,I can't wait to earn the title myself!! A few things about me im 22 and decided it was time for change with a challenge as doing drugs sitting on the couch with the same people doing the same thing as the years just fly by isn't going to cut it. when I know I have so much more in me then that. I've been a mechanic out of high school and love working with my hands and coming up with solutions to problems. Im mentally strong optimistic and grew up with a single mom and younger brother who I owe to for the person Iam today. I love learning and gaining as many skills as possible which is why combat engineer sounds good(jack of all trades) just worried I may not like it or fit in. As for heavy equipment/diesel mechanic it seems more like what im use to but not as diverse or predictable as CE. I would please like some insight on how each respected MOS is and if you enjoy it. Hell or high water im ready for anything that gets thrown my way.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    For right now until Marines arrive to answer your questions you can read about most of them by clicking on " Similar Threads " under you post.

Best of luck to you whatever you decide.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    well if you're going active duty you don't get to pick one anyway...both fall in the 13xx field so you could end up with one or one of the others in the same field

Thank you much appreciation Marines.

I'm an HE Mechanic. Ask me your specific questions.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    It's very common to wonder if you'll like a particular MOS. The healthiest attitude to have is one of "Who cares what I do in the Corps, as long as I get into the Corps". That's the way it was for a hundred years before we became a society which values personal gratification above all else. But that's another story entirely; inappropriate to go into detail here in Ask A Marine. Basically, be glad you get an opportunity to serve your country and the Marine Corps. Good luck to you. LCPL1341, as you can see, has answers to your specific questions, if you will post them here.

Thread Information