Determined to join at 28 Guidance please - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I just needed to hear the credits are un-waiverable. Which i just found a thread about the Tiers after doing some digging on here.

Yes i understand teamwork but have never been part of a team that is the second reason I am joining. To have responsibilities to others and work together to achieve greatness. Believe me I already know with my confidence level that I am gonna get drilled so hard im gonna be begging to toothbrush the head.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Sounds like you have the motivation needed to get through boot camp. Good luck with the whole enlistment process, the credits, etc.

I do not believe the USMC is currently accepting convicted felons - in todays environment of reduced troop levels, it is not hurting that bad for bodies. Somebody will have to show me proof there are any felons at bootcamp (in any of the services).

This goes back to the OP's situation. Yes, there are certain basic eligibility criteria the USMC sees fit to waive for myriad reasons. The 15 college credits for a GED is not one of them. There are no hands to shake, phone calls to make, arms to bend, etc.

As much as this gun club needs the services of such a highly respected, gung ho, humble, and intelligent individual as the OP, he will unfortunately have to play by the rules...just like everyone else. Hate it for him.

As everyone stated, you NEED the 15 credits. If you're the superhuman renaissance man you say you are, getting 15 credits in any random classes should be a non-issue. You're not more deserving of a spot than anyone else. Suck it up, enroll at a school, get 15 credits (seriously, 15 credits is NOTHING), and go see the recruiter with your transcripts. There is no officer, Congressman, etc who you can "shake hands with" to get you way. One thing you'll learn fast about the Corps, it's their way or the highway. You don't like it? Hit the bricks, maybe the Army will have you. Keep us posted.

Also, on the "I plan to finish the Crucible with an unopened MRE" bit. LMAO. Good luck dude; I can tell you now, that won't happen. You're not going 72 hours without eating under that sort of physical and mental stress. If you somehow manage to, you won't even finish the Crucible. You'll come to in the hospital and be informed you're getting dropped back to repeat the Crucible because you were dumb and deprived your body on purpose.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbach View Post
    And I apologize for coming off as cocky. Its just how I am Im very gung ho get stuff done type of attitude. I told the recruiter i plan to finish the crucible with an unopened MRE.
    Let me say this.....boot camp, the crucible, and all your training is to prepare you for combat. What you think you will do and what you actually have to do is up for debate. There have been many gung-ho wannabes in great shape brought to their knees. It would be a big mistake for you to display your superior attitude to your D.I.'s I assure you, you will be put in place very quickly. My best advice is to keep your mouth shut and get your schooling and then get in the Corps and do the best you can. Don't run your mouth about how great you are. The Corps want action not words.

Reminds me of the short bus ride from the San Diego International Airport to MCRD, San Diego. There was this Texan, complete with oversized beltbuckle and cowboy boots, running his piehole about how tough he was, and how the DI's are not going to do this, that, or the other thing to him. As soon as the bus stopped in front of the yellow footprints and the receiving DI stepped onto our bus, we never heard one more word from him for the next 13 weeks. Everyone reacts differently to their "come to Jesus meeting" - it's easy to say how one will react sitting in front of their computer or on their smartphone.

...and they all said SIR!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I was thinking about the OPs comment to his recruiter that he, the OP, would go thru the Crucible without MRE, and then thought to myself that an even more impressive thing to do would be to tell his DIs that he wishes to forego ALL meals throughout boot camp, and not only that, but would like to do push ups while fellow recruits eat their three meals per day. Now that would impress any DI, he would probably make Gunny out of boot camp with those credentials. If you're going to impress, go all the way.

Well, I can truthfully say that I graduated PI without eating an MRE; but I ate the hell out of C Rats. It's great to see drive and determination out of a prospective Marine, but as we all know that once they reach boot camp, that they will have met the equalizer... the DI, who has more drive and determination than they do, and the DI's going to win. A recruits talk is cheap and sheer bravado, and what we have from the OP is a prime example of it!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Put that drive an determination into getting those 15 college credits...then talk smack after......

Your age for boot camp is getting up there .... you might need those energy packed MRE's to just keep your strength up for the waiver's and paperwork let alone boot camp and the crucible

Hurry and get it done before you get too old and they want to tube feed you and give you an I.V.

Good luck!

I would NEVER have this person walk BEHIND me. All's BS until the first round hits.

Thread Information