Determined to join at 28 Guidance please
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Determined to join at 28 Guidance please

Ok I have a GED no college credits. Im extremely capable well respected in my community. Ive already met with a recruiter he says i need the 15 credits. Is there absolutely anyway or anything that can be done to get me in without college credits. High scores on all past testing. Asvab and GT score is no problem for me. Im very skilled intelligent with incredible physical endurance. I dont wanna talk about my past. I feel I'm a million times more deserving than many of the people who are getting waivers. Im not getting discouraged. Who do i need to call, shake hands with? Maybe meeting with higher ranking guys and they see something in me decide to waive me? Congressman? Anything i can do? Im registering for college classes. But boot ships off in July so now way ill have 15 credits before then. Thank you -Tim Bach

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    You will end up getting the college credits like everyone else, I would venture to say. To even intimate that you would like to skip that part of it does not bode well at all. But I'll let these younger Marines chime in if they so wish. The entire post does not bode well, but this is as far as I'm willing to go here.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Unless your grandfather is Chesty Puller, I would say ....you have no chance in Hell.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    This strong desire to shake hands, make a call, rub elbows, as a way AROUND getting the 15 credits, doesn't translate well to eventually BEING in a Marine Corps unit----not at all.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "I feel I'm a million times more deserving than many of the people who are getting waivers ".

Really ?

With an attitude like that, If I were a Recruiter I would say " Thank you for your interest in the Finest Fighting Force in the World but No thank you. "

Go to school, your spelling needs work.

Best of luck....

Credits
    Savings
    You dont know me at all Rocky. Isn't that how I should be. Proud of myself and confident?? I mean they are letting guys with felonies and all kinds of criminal past and how long do those guys even last? I just cant even wrap my head around a felon able to join. Like a high school diploma shouldn't mean anything once you go and start being a criminal. They should need 15 credits too.
    Everyone, i completely understand. The rubbing elbows is just because Im a very well respected member of my community.
    I just wanted to know if it had to be a firm GED with 15 credits. or rarely do some highly qualified GED applicants get in? Im not trying to get a handout I would never expect anything to just be handed to me. I already know whether its rubbing shoulders or getting the credits I have to put in some serious work. Hence why I am already registered for classes starting the 3rd. Im just using my fortitude. I know my age is a red flag for some of you. Years ago i was told by a recruiter who told me I cannot join at all with a GED never even mentioned college credits. I seen the age was 29 so i figured i better give it another shot before its too late.
    Thank you all for your time and service.

Credits
    Savings
    Just trying to hurry the process along. Not looking for a handout USMC 2571. If you met me. You would get it. Im a straight forward go getter who makes things happen by exhausting all available resources.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Nothing is a red flag to us, in your post----reread your own initial post, and if you are honest with yourself, you'll see what it intimated. Who do I have to call or shake hands with to circumvent the rules made for others? Read it again, carefully, then come back and tell us your honest opinion of it. It's in print, too late to put a different interpretation on it.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Confident ? Yes.
    Cocky and arrogant ? NO!!!

You should re-read your posts.

You are not the first nor the last to post like this.

Your missing the big picture. Other Marines will be by to give advice.....or not.....

We are here to help, not here to help you skirt the system.

Good luck in school. Glad you received your GED.

Did you call someone, shake hands or rub elbows to get that ? I would hope not....

Credits
    Savings
    Actually the reason I said that is because i read somewhere that all i needed was an ASVAB score of 50 with the GED. Now i know thing are tight now so im sure the guidelines are more stringent. But I was reading the more i show up at the recruiting office and keep showing that I really want this that I can get waived possibly by a higher up. I asked that question based on reading what other potential recruits where told to do. I mean its the Govt we are talking about its not like back scratching is anything new.

Credits
    Savings
    And I apologize for coming off as cocky. Its just how I am Im very gung ho get stuff done type of attitude. I told the recruiter i plan to finish the crucible with an unopened MRE.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    " I told the recruiter i plan to finish the crucible with an unopened MRE ".

This is one of the things that I am talking about.
    Your making this all about you.

There is no I in Team. You would be putting yourself and your whole platoon at risk by this action.

I would stop commenting at this point for a bit and let others answer you questions as you asked.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    What happens here, quite a bit, is a post, first of all. Then various after-the-fact interpretations of that post. But the original post stands like a huge beacon for everyone to see, and no amount of explanation avails.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    A politician says he is for gun control being stricter. Then someone says something about it and he then says, well, I meant to say this or that, then his inquirer says well, why didn't you say that to begin with? and so forth and so on, we've seen this played out hundreds of times here, on CNN, on the local news, and in all the newspapers. No big deal. Just say, yes, I was being cocky, end of story. LOL

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Let's start over----"Gee fellas, is there any possible way I could avoid having to get 15 college credits? I'm humble and wanna do the right thing"

Then the answer would have been, no, it's a requirement. It can't be waived. On what grounds COULD it be waived?

Thread Information