Active Duty during irr?
Create Post

Active Duty during irr?

Was wondering if one were to go active duty, during the irr time of your contract, can you volunteer for further active duty or something of the sort?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes, typically if you lock on a billet with the AD component when you're in the IRR you can reenlist into that that billet/unit....if they want to keep you anyway

Thanks a lot sergeant. Another question: does that reenlistment come with a whole new contract or will i just be continuing my original 8 years?

Why not try worrying about making it through boot camp and maybe even your first 4 years before you worry about re-enlistment?

To answer your question yes it is a new contract, it counts towards your 8 so after you re-enlist assuming it is right away and you dont re-enlist into the irr when you get out you would not go into the IRR.

But as i stated stop putting the cart before the horse, worry about boot camp not re-enlistment you may not even make it that far.

For others who may read this post who are currently in the IRR and are seeking a return to active duty, take a look at options for what is called "Active Duty - Special Work" or ADSW. This is a program where IRR Marines are brought on active duty for up to 179 days to augment active duty forces. For ongoing billets, ADSW can consist of back-to-back-to-back 179 day assignments. If interested, contact the OIC or SNCOIC at your mobilization station. I have seen IRR Marines selected for ADSW who have gone to work on Division, FSSG, or Wing staffs or deployed for various training operations. I can't talk about current options, that's why I'm directing you to contact your Mob-Center.

great reply, just bear in mind the kid posting this isn't even a Marine yet.

ADSW, Mobilization, or Individual Augment orders ...

Thread Information