Team Week in Boot Camp
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Team Week in Boot Camp

Hello Marines! I am leaving for boot camp on Jan. 4th and I had a question about team week... I saw this online but it didn't give any description on what it was... So my question is what is team week and what do you do? Also another question I have is what are the inspections like? Like when the Drill Instructors walk my and do an inspection. Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you all for your service!

Similar Threads:

Team Week - we called it "Mess and Maintenance" back in the day. Recruits don't do mess duty anymore (civilians run the mess halls today) but they still do maintenance around the depot (paint, restock gear in the supply warehouse, rake leaves, keep the museum/visitors center clean, work in the laundry, etc.). Also during Team Week, wisdom teeth that need pulled get extracted and the recruit put on 24 hours bed rest. Anyone failing swim qual goes back to the pool for another chance before being recycled. Platoons are broken down into small working parties and sent on their way around the depot.

Inspections - I'm assuming you're talking about personnel inspections. The DI looks at a recruit's uniform to make sure it fits properly (uniform appearance), all emblems, ribbons, badges, etc are placed where they belong, the recruit has a regulation haircut and is clean-shaven, and the recruit's military bearing. The DI (or inspecting officer for the company and battalion commander's inspections) will also inspect the recruit's service rifle for cleanliness and functionality. Finally, the inspector will ask the recruit knowledge questions like, general orders, chain of command, maximum effective range of the M16 rifle, etc. Recruits must pass the Battalion Commander's inspection on training day 68 in order to graduate bootcamp.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Top pretty much hit the nail on the head with both posts

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Spot on

WOW. No Mess Duty now a Days ! What do they do with those 'Certain Marines' that would normally get assigned to Mess Duty ??? If You know what I mean ?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    WOW. No Mess Duty now a Days ! What do they do with those 'Certain Marines' that would normally get assigned to Mess Duty ??? If You know what I mean ?
    mess/chow hall is all contracted out to civilian "special" people(mentally handicapped, felons, etc)

I got put on some pretty crappy working parties while on team week, but I also got to work in the RTR(recruit training regiment) office for 2 days with 2 other recruits doing various administrative/scheduling work for the Colonel...was actually pretty cool and learned alot by listening to what was going on

Jon,
    I have no idea what team week is since it didn't exist when I was in boot...but anyone who went through boot can tell you about the DIs inspections. You will be looked over from head to toe...they might even peer into your ears and IF you are perfect....the DI will comment on something being incorrect. It could be a Russian rope...or something minor but it will be something. It will be the toughest inspections you will have while in. Our DI would always walk out with his ID card out and scrape it up our faces and if he could hear it scrape.... you didn't shave close enough.
    It is part of the game...and you will live through it.

Semper Fi,
    Z

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the post Marines! Hopefully I'll be ready when the time comes!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    You'll be ready. You don't need to know every detail of what will happen. It is enough that you make up your mind before you get to boot camp that you will give it 110% of everything you have, every waking moment. That way, whatever comes your way, you'll be able to do it and do it well.

Thread Information