Live off base, can ncos come to our apartment?
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Live off base, can ncos come to our apartment?

I live off base with my husband (lance corporal). Are people from his shop allowed to come to our apartment uninvited?

If he was let go yesterday for the weekend until Monday and doesn't answer his phone over the weekend, can corporals just come knocking on the door? I know the base can come over for a housing inspection of some kind but can they come over to try to give him weekend duty at the last minute?

Similar Threads:

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Yes, they can...

My answer would be NO. But his unit must have a way to contact him in case of emergency.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, I can see it from both sides. I haven't been able to find anything from the military that specifically says either way.. yet.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Anybody can come over to your house, knock, and request to speak to your spouse. No law or regulation prevents that.

However, I'll bet he has to have a way to be contacted in an emergency, which means answering your phone if it rings, or door knocks from NCOs. As Old Marine said, it could be an emergency and he is being recalled. I'll also bet, there is some regulation about having a functional emergency contact method if you live out of the barracks.

Recalls do happen. I lived off base with two other Marines when I was stationed at Camp Lejuene. Our emergency contact phone belonged to our landlord who was kind enough to allow it. In the middle of one night, he came knocking at our door. It was 1973 and the Arabs had just started the Yom Kippur War with Israel and all US military forces were being placed into DefCon 3. All three of us were recalled into work (we were MPs).

I think this is a situation in which you'll just have to grin and bear it. Making a fuss won't be worth the aggravation that will result.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When he is on active duty he has to be available and reachable 24/7.
    Doesn't matter if you live on base or off base or if he has a 24-96 hour pass. Leave also !

I was on a 10 day leave, 1st Sgt. called my parents house 3 days in and I was back to Lejeune in a heartbeat.

" it is what it is "....

Welcome to the forum also.

Obviously like in the civilian world anyone can come over your house they don't have to necessarily need to announce they are coming over.

That being said surprise duty happens quite often tell him he better start getting used to that fact, and being he doesn't seem to want to answer his phone of course they are going to physically come over to the house to contact him.

Just because he is on liberty time and his "normal" working hours are from 06 to 1630 there are no "normal" working hours, he is a Marine 24/7 if there is something he has to do that is during liberty hours suck it up and move on.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I can come over uninvited if I wanted to....

his NCO's, SNCO's, and Officers in his command have access to all his information(residence, phone number(obviously), emergency contacts(including you), family, etc, etc). If he decides not to answer his phone and someone needs to get a hold of him of course they are allowed to come over knocking on the door.

They don't call the Marines "FORCE IN READINESS" for nothing. This isn't a civilian job.

Is this fraternization

Yes I am wondering what other people's opinion is on a situation I've come across. If a corporal and a lance corporal live together and both names are on the lease and are still maintaining good order and discipline in there work section would it still be considered fraternization??

Thread Information