Is it possible to switch branches at MEPS or anytime before shipping off to basic?
Create Post

Post Is it possible to switch branches at MEPS or anytime before shipping off to basic?

Hello Marines I need some help, I had to get a waiver approved in order to just even attend MEPS for the Army National Guard. Don't get me wrong the National Guard is a great branch but I always wanted to be a Marine but I always had a feeling my waiver for the Marines would never get approved so I didn't even bother. My only problem is I'm officially heading to MEPS in a week and I was wondering if it's possible to get a contract so I can enlist into the Marine Corps even though I needed a medical waiver to just attend MEPS?

Similar Threads:

You would need to leave the National Guard recruiter, drop from the DEP (or whatever the Army calls it) and go find a Marine recruiter. Only a Marine recruiter can put you through MEPS for the USMC. There is no such thing as a service transfer at MEPS. Each branch has a liaison and you work specifically with that liaison.

Long story short; Don't go to MEPS, tell your NG recruiter you want to be a Marine, leave the National Guard, and go find a Marine recruiter. Whether or not the waiver gets approved is up to MEPS.

like LCPL said you can do whatever you wish basically. You are still a civilian just tell your recruiter you no longer wish to join the NG and are looking to go else where. Hell you dont even need to tell them why ust tell them you no longer wish to join the NG. The only thing they can do is be butt hurt when they see you at PT if the Marines station is where the Army station is at the center.

Thread Information