MCT Items
Create Post

Thread: MCT Items

Post MCT Items

Good morning. I'm a private fresh out of boot camp, and I leave for MCT this Tuesday. However, I'll be coming back home for 2 weeks on the 17th of December due to getting something called PRASP I believe. I was wondering, will I have to pack ALL my uniforms since I'm coming back home after MCT, or will I be okay just bringing one set of each uniform, not including the all weather coat and wooly poolie? And one more question, what are the ESSENTIALS to bring to MCT? Thanks!

Similar Threads:

When I said I leave this Tuesday, the date will be November 24.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats Marine and welcome to the forum. Hang in there, members will be by to answer all of your questions.

Best of luck to you.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If it All fits in Your SeaBag Hump it...cause nothing can Ruin your day more that having Your Stuff disappear like mine did 1once upon a Time...GodSpeed 2 You YoungBuck thanx 4 having the Gonads 2 keepin Us Free Sempers

Did you not listen at all when they briefed you on what you needed to bring with you to MCT? They tell you everything you need to know like a week or so before you graduate. Yes bring all your trash with you as you go to your A school directly after MCT, you go from graduation to the bus to the airport.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    There is another thread from some time ago about this, and I will see if I can find it and copy and keep it for future postings here when this question comes up. I know it's been answered before, but I have to locate those prior threads.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    EVERYTHING!!....if it was issued to you, you bring it....

not sure this is the case with every training company/platoon but you will probably get a gear/wall locker inspection at some point at MCT before you ship to MOS training and I know you will have another one or multiple at MOS school....don't be the one who doesn't have everything you're supposed to

Thank you all for your responses!

Don't know about PRASP. You may mean RA (recruiters assistance) which will allow you to be home for the holidays (but working with your recruiter). Talk to your recruiter about this (you will need temporary additional duty orders). Sounds like you'll be going to MOS school after RA and the holidays (this is common as most formal schools are shut down for Christmas/New Years anyway).

Besides all your uniforms, you should also have a small list of items required for MCT (like a map/grease pen, laundry bag safety pins, etc).

Sometimes, all the seabags won't fit on small planes, so they arrive in Jacksonville NC on a later flight (can even be the next day but that's rare). For this reason, you need to pack a set of cammies, boots, and hygiene kit inside your carry-on/ditty bag. That way, you can still get picked up by a training company at MCT even if you don't have your seabags (they will be delivered to MCT as long as you have luggage tags on them with your info and marked MCT). I'm sure you know you must report to MCT in your alpha uniform - with a fresh regulation haircut. You will turn your phone into your instructors when you get picked up (they will return it to you when they see fit - and the battery will be dead). MCT is 29 days long.

Good luck Devil.

PRASP: Permissive Recruiters Assistance Program - commonly just called Recruiters Assistance (RA).

As in Your other posting, it's M Marines always.... Anyway Good luck . Marine

Thread Information