A few questions about DD forms 149 and 293 plus some......
Create Post

Question A few questions about DD forms 149 and 293 plus some......

First off I was discharged in 2004 and misdiagnosed as I found out in 2013. In 2013 I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, generalized anxiety disorder, and agoraphobia by a licensed psychiatrist. She believes the discharge from the Marine Corps. Was misdiagnosed due to the conversation I had with the psychiatrist while I was enlisted.

Now here is where my need of help comes in from anyone that has wise suggestions, advice, or personal experiences.

This is what I have and what have done this far. I filed for non-service connected and service connected disability. Now I need to upgrade my DD-214's and correct my records as a whole.

I have the form DD-149 and am not sure how to fill it out while providing evidence or what to send in. How exactly do I fill it out? What evidence should I get?

I have the form DD-293 and the questions above are the same.

I have my OMPF, DD-214'S. Do I need my me records that show I was psychology fit for duty before?

VFW wouldn't help me answer these questions but said advice is out there. Any advice is helpful. Thank you

Similar Threads:

maybe this will help.. not sure but it has the instructions with it.. I will keep looking and see if their is anything more out their.

http://www.military.com/Resources/Forms/DD_149.pdf

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    PM the administrator here, Rocky C----I think he may be able to give you info.

Here are some contact numbers that may help, or at least get you going in the right direction.

MMSR-2 (active duty separation and retirement): (703) 784:9324/25/26

MMSR-4 (disability separation): (703) 784:9308/09

Board for Correction of Naval Records: (703) 604:6884/6885

Good luck

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thank you for your PM this morning. I hope what I told you was / is helpful.

Keep us posted Brother.

Congrats on your Service Connected Award you deserve it !!!

Good health to you !!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Thank you to everyone for the recommended contact, advice, and general help.

I've been in and put of the psychward off and on since I pisted, these have been troubling time, however, I'm on the path to healing and learning.

Like Rocky C. Has menation I'm on the road with my disability with service connection. I Wil keep you all up to date as my mind allows me.

So on few Fridays ago I recieved the call from my VSO. The VA 100% service connected my mental health! They sent back pay already and I get my next check the 1st. It's been a really rough journey and yet to get harder but a hand up was given. Thank god.

Now here is a question, the VA states I was misdiagnosed by my discharge and should get it change and fight them for compensation. Is this even possible?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats on your 100% Service Connected rating and compensation. You deserved it Brother.

Leave everything as is. You are not going to get compensated more than 100%. You can get a higher rating but the same money.

In 2 years you will get a letter for another C&P exam to see if you still rate your award and how you are doing. If you are still the same or worse you will be granted Permanent and Total status on your rating which means you will never have another C&P exam and your rating can never be taken away from you.

Best of health Brother.

Thread Information