Christmas Movies/Music Traditions - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase also - now a holiday tradition here. Will watch it as many times as it's on TV.

Saw a Salvation Army bell ringer in front of our Krogers today. Gets earlier every year seems like.

Marine Friend Free Member LitLover84's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The major soft rock station in the OKC metro area starts playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving and doesn't go back to regular programming until 11:59pm Christmas Day. I normally listen to music on my phone via my car's stereo system during my commute, but I switch to listening to that station quite a bit between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Love it!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I saw one too Top already.

Another new avatar for Dave... Mandi ?

I'm... dreaming of a white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write.

Christmas in New England, I love it.....esp. now that I sold my house in March and live at a country club, hahahahahaha. I guess I'll have to shovel just for the exercise lol....

not only do I like white Christmas,, the movie,, but also another holiday favorite is Holiday Inn..

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Haha! No, Rocky. I'm good for now with my avatar. Perhaps, I should be the one sponsoring Dave? Mine fits well with my current situation as an instructor. I may ask Santa for a shirt that's the same theme. That way I don't have to pause in the middle of teaching. I can just point to the shirt and keep right on rollin'.

Other Christmas movie favorites include the stop action classics Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer and Santa Claus Is Coming to Town. We watch Rudolph every year without fail.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I cannot believe that I'm never satisfied with whatever avatar I use at any given moment. Not so with the profile photo, I never change that. With help from Avatars Anonymous, I can and will change (my avatar, that is).

Credits
    Savings
    Haha. So, it's "admit you have a problem. . .and enjoy it," Dave? At this point, if you kept the same avatar for more than a week or so, we'd think something was wrong. Always fun to see what the next one will be.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I broke a record a few weeks ago, the same avatar stayed on for about two months, which was unheard of. Funny that the profile photo never changes. Oh well, something to talk about at my next meeting.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Usually around the holiday season....allot of people abuse alcohol to just get through the season.

AA for drunks is an excellent place to find help.

There is another AA that has started since the advent of the Internet...

I strongly suggest Dave, dat' you look into Avatars Anonymous in da' Bean town area....

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I'm already going to meetings, Chuck.

Last edited by USMC 2571; 11-22-15 at 11:38 AM.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I can recommend....if you want help....and only you can truly say when your ready....an excellent mental institution on the east coast that take all insurances and 3 hots and a cot....just like your guarantee in the Corps.....

Think about it!

I am here for you Dave!

I truly worry about your mental health and well being!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bloop !!!! hahahahaha. Dave said your a teacher Mandi ? What do you teach ? I know it's off topic but if you throw in the word " Christmas " somewhere I'll feel better about not hijacking the thread again, hahahahaha.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Chuck, I don't know how to thank you. That's real considerate and thoughtful...and Rocky C, Mandi specifically gave us permission, in writing, to go ahead and hijack her threads, and just in case she forgot to give us permission, let me wish you a Merry Christmas a month early, Rocky, that will keep this thread legit. LOL

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I love that Dave !!!! hahahahahahaha....

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I might be lying about her giving her permission, the more I think about it.

Thread Information