Christmas Movies/Music Traditions
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member LitLover84's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Christmas Movies/Music Traditions

Well, over the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll be settling down after the big meal to hack away at what feels like a metric ton of grading. As my carrot at the end of the stick, I've decided to reward myself with watching one of my favorite Christmas movies (Irving Berlin's White Christmas) once I reach a certain number of essays graded. Though it's my encouragement to push through, I watch it every year, along with a few other favorites/classics.

Are there any favorite movies, albums, songs, etc. you have a tradition of watching or listening to every year during the holiday season?

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    "It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart comes to mind immediately.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Along with favorite Christmas carols on my ipod on a separate playlist.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Outstanding thread, by the way.

man I love white Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kay,, and the dance routine with Danny Kay and.... wow I can't remember her name,, anyway, at the restaurant, that was fantastic...

I like the scrooge movies as well,, I collect them, I have just about every one that was put out, even the animated ones,, I really do like those Christmas Carol movies..

Last edited by irpat54; 11-18-15 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling, I really need to check before I post,,lol
    The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

Credits
    Savings
    One of my favorite scenes, irpat54! Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen dancing to The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by LitLover84 View Post
    One of my favorite scenes, irpat54! Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen dancing to The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing.
    ya THAT'S IT!!!!! Vera Ellen,, that was awesome, and when she did the tap dancing when they were at the Inn where their old Commanding General owned, to watch her toe go so fast,, that was outstanding..

Credits
    Savings
    As for music, my family always plays the Andy Williams Christmas Album while we set up and decorate the tree, followed by The Carpenter's Christmas Portrait album. The Carpenters isn't required, but Andy Williams absolutely is.

Credits
    Savings
    She's amazing in that movie, irpat, especially her dancing. For voice though, I prefer Rosemary Clooney, the other female lead. Everyone in the cast has an amazing set of pipes, but Rosemary and Bing are my top picks.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Andy Williams is outstanding as a vocalist re Christmas songs, as is Johnny Mathis. Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LitLover84 View Post
    As for music, my family always plays the Andy Williams Christmas Album while we set up and decorate the tree, followed by The Carpenter's Christmas Portrait album. The Carpenters isn't required, but Andy Williams absolutely is.
    the Carpenters are my favorite group,, She had one of the most easy listening voices..

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    That's for sure. Karen Carpenter. Unique voice.

Credits
    Savings
    On Christmas Day, football is always a viewing option, but we often put on the 24hr A Christmas Story marathon that's on AMC (I think). It starts at 12am on the 25th and runs on a loop all day. We turn it on in the background, especially in the kitchen while we women folk are whippin' up the good eats.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    By the time New Year's Day rolls around, people can recite every line word for word from A Christmas Story, from memory.

Credits
    Savings
    Haha. Yep! My family can pretty much do that any day of the year but especially so after having that on all day.

Thread Information