Administrator Platinum Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Focus Group Poster.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	29437

One more! This one is so "cool" I had to share it.
    GaryW

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Those are GREAT Gary !!!

Recently (last week) acquired a Ruger Vaquero in .44mag with a 5.5in barrel. Now I've shot large bore handguns before, and I'm not shy in the slightest, but this ****ing thing is a cannon! Full house .44mag loads produce a beach ball sized fireball, and snap the pistol instantly up over my left shoulder no matter what I try to do to mitigate or control it. Full recoil in this thing can best be described as "violent"! It's a real "blast" to shoot (pun intended) and will be my "walking around in the woods" gun when I'm fly fishing or hunting big game. I figure snake shot in the first chamber for timber rattlers, and 240gr JSP's for everything else that walks the woods on two legs or four. Damn thing is much more accurate than I'd expected too, for a single action army "clone" with fixed sights. I was able to hold an 18 round group the size of my fist at 50ft my first time out with it. Why 18 rounds? Because by the time I'd shot that many my separated shoulder was singing to me, letting me know that it was unhappy with the punishment I was inflicting on it!

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gary, I'm going to be in Las Vegas next week too, but not for the SHOT Show. I'm no longer "in the trade," so I can't go. I am going to a 25th Anniversary Reunion for my Desert Storm unit. You can wish and drool for me at the show.

Justin, I like firing big bore pistols for fun, but because of the recoil and recovery time issues, I won't own them. I'll only own what I consider to be "practical" defense weapons, handguns and long guns, except for a couple of collector's pieces which were the assault rifles of their day.

Administrator Platinum Member madsox's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Nice posters!

Maybe this weekend I can find some pictures of my theoretical weapons collection. It would take a couple of pages for all the blades though, I'm kind of a nut about sharp pointy things.

Comes from too many years of SE Asian martial arts, you pick up habits from your teachers, like always carrying a few blades. Yes, I've had to ditch a pocket knife before a TSA line more than once now, damned airports!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great posts Brothers !!!

Andy I didn't know you were a Martial Artist. I won't get long winded but you should ask Doc Wilder about my background. He knows... I'll try and post a picture of what I carry all the time on my belt this week. Your going to love it. Sharp pointy things lol.

I won't make you call me " Shihan " I promise hahahahaha.

Marine Family Free Member 2 Marine Mom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Finally got my Smith and Wesson, 38/357, police revolver, It went threw a fire, but was able to be rebuilt. looks great, and can be shot, thank god. Can't wait to shoot her. Waiting to get some, more body targets, Iv shot up all the ones I had, gun show next week, cant wait. I'll also be getting my 6 shot Pug, next week, for my concealed carry, can't wait. Hope they will let us bring, our own guns on the target range, at the Civilian, Police Academy, I just got into. That wont happen for a couple months, but can't wait, even if I have to use, a dept. gun. I'm in.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice Deb !!!

Administrator Platinum Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have been blown away by the number of high quality knives that are out there. My son is a "small" collector and I permanently borrowed a Sebenza knife from him. The quality, attention to detail, etc. is amazing. Not sure I would know what to do with it if confronted but at least between that and my CRKT pen, i have something to protect myself with. Would love to see some of the pictures.
    S/F

GaryW

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is what I carry on my belt for long range not within arms lenght, swift and silent.

Long story short Andy.

My lineage. William K. S. Chow to Student ( Late, Great ) Senior Grand Master Ed Parker and Grand Master Professor Nick Cerio to student me.

This was given to me when I attained the Rank of " Shihan " Master 5th Degree Black Belt American Kenpo years ago.

I'm deadly at 25 yards lol....

Click to enlarge.

Name:	IMG_0617.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	29446

Name:	IMG_0618.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	29447

I have no idea why they posted sideways and upside down lol.

Last edited by Rocky C; 01-15-16 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Justin, I like firing big bore pistols for fun, but because of the recoil and recovery time issues, I won't own them. I'll only own what I consider to be "practical" defense weapons, handguns and long guns, except for a couple of collector's pieces which were the assault rifles of their day.
    Oh I've got the "practical' end of things held down with 3 different Glock variants, a short barreled AR-15 that runs like a dream, a couple of 12 gauges, and various hunting rifles and old military rifles (Garand and 1903A3). The .44mag is "practical' as well since in Pennsylvania I can't hunt (or slay varmints like coyotes or porcupines) with a semi-auto by law, so I needed a large bore revolver to carry with me in the woods when hunting/fishing. I wanted something big enough to hunt black bear in thick brush, but small enough to carry comfortably on the trout stream for bear/rattlesnake/human being defense. This hand cannon fits that role quite well, and those "practical" applications of it allow me to justify the purchase to the missus!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Show and tell,
    I have a Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 21, S&W 38, Ruger 357 mag and a Barretta FS 9mm.
    I am looking at getting the hand cannon S&W .500.

Marine Family Free Member 2 Marine Mom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    just like in kindergaten. my favorite, day/ nite all.

Administrator Platinum Member madsox's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Rocky - that close an inheritance from Ed Parker is outstanding credentials! I never got that high in ranks, lost my taste for all the politics that come with that in any system, but I've dabbled a lot over the years.

Currently doing nothing, trying to find folks to start a little informal group with, but my long story is on my one website in case anyone cares: http://echo6mike.freeshell.org/kungfu/

now I have to go take some pix, that can be my project for this week. Tomorrow is time to go sight in the M-4 pattern AR clone I put together over the past year or two. A part at a time, get nicer components when they came on sale, looks and feels good. Turns out I do have a pic of that one:

We'll see how she shoots!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg‎
Views:	117
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	29457  

Thread Information