Weapons - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Put on my old navy P coat w/Holster sewn in the Pocket...Squirrely SOB comes up 2 ya talking Dookie got it pointed & his or her chest already with +P...Light em UP

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Auto loads are nice but Chit happens Your right

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Goodnight Sarge I'm pulling the Pin kinda early Go Easy Sempers

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think this needs no introduction.
    Click on the Pic to enlarge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	29262

Administrator Platinum Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Marines, it was brought to my attention by Rocky C that a few of you think we should not have a Weapons forum on Leatherneck. Thought I would take a few minutes and explain why this is here and what are expectations are by having it.

First and to be totally blunt, Marines love guns! Have met tens of thousands of Marines over the last twenty years and in all but a few cases, guns/shooting/shooting prowess/etc are what we talked about.

Second, most if not all Marines that are no longer serving love guns. They like to know what the Marine Corps is doing with guns, how they compare to the guns used during their time in service, and what are the future plans for weapons in the Marine Corps in the future. Like the change from the M16 to the M4, everyone wanted to know more about that.

Third, leatherneck.com has a 3-Gun Team, made up of 4 Marines who recently left active service. 3 of the 4 were members of the USMC Combat Shooting Team based in Quantico, VA and the Marine that was not on the team was in MARSOC. These Marines are experts in competition firearms and most of these firearms are the same firearms you and I can by retail. Their input and the input from the factories that make them will be included in the Weapons Forum at some point in the future. I think you will find this information insightful and might help you in your shooting skill development.

And finally, Leatherneck has sponsors and advertisers in the Firearms business. Barnes Precision Machine/BPM Rifles, G-Code Holsters, STI Pistols and more are not only sponsors of the 3-Gun Team, they are dedicated to providing products and product information to our Marine Corps community.

At a point in the future, reps from these companies will be on our forums to discuss their products and answer your questions.

Moving forward to hope to expand this section of our site as it is one of three or four common denominators that bind this group of Leathernecks together.

More to follow however any questions, please let me know.

GaryW

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-25-15 at 05:43 PM.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Stoner 63, also known as the M63, XM22, XM23, XM207 or the Mk 23 Mod 0 machine gun, is an American modular weapons system designed by Eugene Stoner in the early 1960s. Cadillac Gage was the primary manufacturer of the Stoner 63 during its history. The Stoner 63 saw very limited combat use by United States forces during the Vietnam War, including the Navy SEALs and Marine Corps.

Click the pic to enlarge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stoner63lmg-1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	29289

Marine Family Free Member 2 Marine Mom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Guns, I love guns, all kinds. Been shooting since I was 9. And started teaching my kids as soon as they could hold one with a little help. My oldest shot expert, in boot. We shot every weekend. I still shoot, have several toys between me and a close friend of mine who shoot together regularly. That way we get to shoot different guns. I shot his 9 mil. & new single 6, today. As usual, I did real well, had a small grouping with both, in heart & face area. Having a concealed carry permit, I have to hit what I can see. Thinking about taking some tactical training, being given by a green beret/ police officer. In the light of the mass shootings, & terrorist crap going on. I'm planning on taking his active killer, class. Don't hurt to be prepared.

Marine Family Free Member 2 Marine Mom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My daughter shot marksman, in boot. She hasn't shot as much. But still does pretty good, when she did. Her marine big brother, worked with her when she was young, and her other brother, too.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Morning Deb. I think that's a great idea to take some tactical training classes

Administrator Platinum Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Marines, as I previously mentioned, Leatherneck.com has a 3-Gun Team that competes in some, not all of the 3-Gun events across the country. Three of the four members of the team were previously on the Marine Corps Combat Shooting Team based at USMC Base Quantico.

The team is sponsored by two companies in the firearms industry, Barnes Precision Machines/BPM Rifles, and G- Code Holsters. In addition, James Gill, our team leader is sponsored by STI International who makes the 2011 Pistol they shoot in 3-Gun competitions and by Leopold Optics.

If any of you have questions regarding current AR-15 platforms, Optics, 1911 and/or 2011 pistols offerings, or the latest and greatest in holster offerings, let me know and I'll pass them on to the companies and try to get you some answers. Also, if you have any questions regarding 3-Gun competitions, I can forward those on to the competitors who would be happy to answer them for you.

In the not to distant future, we will have a new section of Leatherneck.com devoted exclusively to our 3-Gun team, including profiles of our competitors, information about our sponsors, where you can go watch a match, and how to shoot these matches if interested. In addition, we will be creating training videos on rifle, pistol, and shotgun shooting and later this year plan to offer our first tactical training class in Texas, taught by our 3-Gun Marines and industry professionals.

Watch for future updates after the first of the year.
    S/F

Gary

Last edited by Rocky C; 12-13-15 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary W View Post
    Marines, as I previously mentioned, Leatherneck.com has a 3-Gun Team that competes in some, not all of the 3-Gun events across the country. Three of the four members of the team were previously on the Marine Corps Combat Shooting Team based at USMC Base Quantico.

The team is sponsored by two companies in the firearms industry, Barnes Precision Machines/BPM Rifles, and G- Code Holsters. In addition, James Gill, our team leader is sponsored by STI International who makes the 2011 Pistol they shoot in 3-Gun competitions and by Leopold Optics.

If any of you have questions regarding current AR-15 platforms, Optics, 1911 and/or 2011 pistols offerings, or the latest and greatest in holster offerings, let me know and I'll pass them on to the companies and try to get you some answers. Also, if you have any questions regarding 3-Gun competitions, I can forward those on to the competitors who would be happy to answer them for you.

In the not to distant future, we will have a new section of Leatherneck.com devoted exclusively to our 3-Gun team, including profiles of our competitors, information about our sponsors, where you can go watch a match, and how to shoot these matches if interested. In addition, we will be creating training videos on rifle, pistol, and shotgun shooting and later this year plan to offer our first tactical training class in Texas, taught by our 3-Gun Marines and industry professionals.

Watch for future updates after the first of the year.
    S/F

Gary
    That's some solid sponsorship for the team from well respected industry professionals, Gary. I look forward to the coming addition to the site, and having shot competitively (just pistol, not 3 gun) myself I respect the hell out of the team's accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    General discussion on any and all weapons past and present.
    I still have great affinity for my M14.

That's all I've got....for now.

What does everyone carry? I'm on a Glock 43 right now, but I intend to get a Glock 19 in about a month.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    I still have great affinity for my M14.

That's all I've got....for now.
    Nice Wayne !!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wswartzendruber View Post
    What does everyone carry? I'm on a Glock 43 right now, but I intend to get a Glock 19 in about a month.

Nice !!! I don't carry

Thread Information