Motivation help
Create Post

Thread: Motivation help

Motivation help

I've wanted to be a marine since I was 8. I've found my dream MOS (2111). My boyfriend does not agree with the military at all. He hates my decision to go in. I'm going to become a marine, I just need help on staying motivated. What keeps all you fine men and women from laying around? I used to box but my trainer had to move. I'm trying to stay on track, just going to need a little help. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

My niece's boyfriend, and his family, were the same way (did not want her to leave home). He finally talked her out of shipping to bootcamp so she dropped out of her DEP. We all knew it was just a high school romance and would not last. The recruiting command sent her a letter saying if she changed her mind later (cause they knew she would), she could reapply, but would lose her intelligence program and have to go back in as open contract (take whatever MOS was offered to her). Sure enough, a year later, they broke up (duh), and she finally shipped to Parris Island with an utilities program (she is now an electrician at Camp LeJeune).

As for your question, motivation has to come from within. In my niece's case, she graduated bootcamp as a meritorious PFC (she was a guide and squad leader), went on to be honor graduate and meritorious LCpl out of her MOS school, and is now up for meritorious Cpl in the fleet. It helps to have someone motivating you (like your recruiter at poolee functions and your DI's at bootcamp). But ultimately, it's up to the individual to set their short term and long term goals, and then have the commitment and fortitude to attain them.

FYI. If your plan is to sign an active duty contract, you cannot be guaranteed the 2111 MOS. All you can ask for is MOS 21XX (ordnance). Make sure you understand how the MOS selection process works, and pay attention to the MOS appendix on your contract BEFORE you sign it.

Thanks

Thank you and I do understand how finding an MOS works. My apologies, I should've worded it better. What I meant was that is the one I would like. Thank you for your help.

Thread Information