Reaper?? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reaper??

Do not apologise, Pride is good but false pride is dangerous. You will do fine just Keep your head down, Follow mission orders, Watch after your fellow Marines ass and Come home safe and in one piece and all is good.
    Again good luck to you on your Marine Corps carrier

Damn GunnyKoon managed to resurrect this one from 2004! Welcome to the site, Gunny. Just please remember to fill out your profile (it's a strict rule that all the Marines on this site have).

lol...

reaper is in 41 area las flores. 1st LAR, Anglico, 5/11...been up it, been down it, and been around it.

The best (or worst whichever you decide) humps are known to lay in the country between San Mateo and San Onofre canyons east towards Case (KC) Springs and the Santa Margarita Mountains. Read a topo map and watch the contour lines bunch up, that means wind suckin and ass whuppin. From near the coast them thar hills appear dark brown and hazy and i used to think it was the Chocolate Mountain gunnery range until i covered it. There also was or is bison out there and plenty of cougar sign and sheep and possibly larger entities but i doubt your boot camp excursions will extend that far into the outback. Check out google earth for a good look, bonus: click on orange colored dots tagged, 1982-05-??~2mi and 1968-11-??~15 mi, then click the http links for a couple interesting sightings about the region.

--->Dave

enjoy your state side strolls. If you want a real hump you gotta do the Fugi Run.

Its either the back side of Mt. Mutha or Old Smokey in the upper left. Sgt Bulkyker??? I dont recall the wide swath of fire breakAttachment 5262

Last edited by SlingerDun; 05-12-08 at 11:04 PM.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I looked at that picture long and hard and the best I can come up with was the photographer was looking east somewhere between Onefre and Horno. I'm spitballing but I'm guessing that particular fire break would take you all the way to case springs. If you wanted to go fishing at case springs you had to drive all the way to Las Pulgas then take the gravel road from there (after checking in with range control of course). Mt. Mother is between Onefre and Mateo and it is my understanding that recruits do not train there any more. I have been lead to believe that the reaper is what used to be called Iron Mike which is south and west of Horno.

Looking east hhhmmmmm. Well the long shadows and the shape and foilage of the brush with a possible lean from the ocean breezes and the sky looks more like afternoon than morning, i gotta guess its facing SSE. What kind of fish do they pull out of Case springs.

--->Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In theory there is hatchery trout and small mouth bass in there. I fished there a half dozen times and never caught a dam thing

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Never fished there, but frog giggin was good at a little mud hole under the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk
    The Reaper? That's Disneyland stuff...

http://cookbarela.bizland.com/eyes.gif

www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Animals/Tiger.wav

My name's Sparrowhawk, Marine, blood kin to the grizzy that bit General Westmoreland's ass!

I was born on Veterans Day, cause my papa got horny on Valentine’s Day.

My grandma has drank more whisky than there is in all of Kentucky, My grandpa rode lightening bolts every year in New Mexico for the 4th of July fireworks show and I was there in Oklahoma when they hung the jerk, who invented work.

I can fart a fireball high into the sky, my skin is tougher than a desert tortoise, and I have peed in the Rio Grande and the Mississippi at the same time.

I've ridden the mule that kicked holes in the sky, and shook off its saddle. I’ve slept with slavering wolves, and shared a meal with lion’s in caves as dark as hell’s back door. I have mean black panthers eyes and have clobbered bark off a gum tree faster than the biggest brown bear in North Dakota.

I'm half horse, half gator, with panther, tiger, jungle cat, jackal and hyena thrown in and have a touch of California earthquakes in my head.

I have danced with the prettiest women, and have the fastest goat, and ugliest dog this side of hell.

I can out-jump, out-run, out-eat, throw down, drag out and whip any man in all New York City.

I ain't never seen them, but my common sense tells me the Andes is but foothills compared to the jungles of Nam. The Alps are for old women and children to climb in comparison.

The deep sea is where God has done he's finest sculpturing and I aim to visit them next times I goes swimming.

I knows that there ain't no asylums for crazy Marines! And there ain't no churches except right here on this here site. There ain't no priests excepting squawking Blue Jays.

I am a Vietnam Marine Machine Gunner, sing in the shower, don't wear skivvies and I'll live until a woman breaks my heart or a bullet finds me and there ain't no laws for brave Marines!
    Thats Del Gue! with an e

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm not the only Jerimiah Johnson fan I see

By the way "4669", did you tell all the young Marines what "4669" is? It's Your MOS, Occupational Field "46" is "Training & Audio-Visual Support", the "69" means your a Staff NCO. Truth is, I had to look it up, I just never spent much time with anyone in the 46 MOS Field, Not that your not Important, But Hell, it's your job to write that kind of stuff. Semper Fi 4669! Give 'em Hell!

[quote=GUNNYKOON;314247]Bull****,the last time a Marine was in the swamps of P.I. was in '56, drop the "Fightin the Gators and Snakes" crap and stop smackin' them poor little sand flea's, and don't worry we won't tell anyone you boys east of the big ditch play in a sand box and have never been more then 12 feet above sea level in your life. LOOK OUT!!!! HERE COMES A SAND FLEA! By the way "4669", did you tell the Young Marines what "4669" is? Why, It's your MOS and Rank! "46" is the Occupational Field for, "Training & Audio-Visual Support, and the "69" means your a Staff NCO, Not to say the "46" Field isn't important, it is, But it is Your Job to write stuff..... Well... Semper Fi "4669"! PS I don't want anyone to think I know everything about the Corps, truth is, I had to lookup the "46 Field" to see what it was. I've never known anyone in that MOS.

Thread Information