Reaper??
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reaper??

Reaper??

Whats going on Marines? Im a poolee over here in chicago i leave september 7. I was over at the recruting station and there was like 5 marines that just finished boot camp on there 10 day leave. I was talking to them and all of them told me to beware of reaper. I was told its a very large hill thats a *****, i wanted to know is it that bad?

Yea from what I've heard it is. ANd if you're squad ldr supposedly you may have to carry extra weight or let people hang on to you and basically drag people up it. The reapers is in SD anyways.

My brother, who will graduate the 23rd, said the Reaper "wasn't ****." But then again, we country boys are a little tougher than than your average city breed. One guy had stress fractures in both legs after the Crucible.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i wanted to know is it that bad
    Whether it is an ant hill or Mount Everest, it is only as bad as you psyche yourself out into believing. Think of it as a challenge to test your tenacity as a person, and just another step in earning the title 'Marine'.

Reaper? Weapers! Humm, what's the corps coming to?

The Reaper? That's Disneyland stuff...

http://cookbarela.bizland.com/eyes.gif

www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Animals/Tiger.wav

My name's Sparrowhawk, Marine, blood kin to the grizzy that bit General Westmoreland's ass!

I was born on Veterans Day, cause my papa got horny on Valentine’s Day.

My grandma has drank more whisky than there is in all of Kentucky, My grandpa rode lightening bolts every year in New Mexico for the 4th of July fireworks show and I was there in Oklahoma when they hung the jerk, who invented work.

I can fart a fireball high into the sky, my skin is tougher than a desert tortoise, and I have peed in the Rio Grande and the Mississippi at the same time.

I've ridden the mule that kicked holes in the sky, and shook off its saddle. I’ve slept with slavering wolves, and shared a meal with lion’s in caves as dark as hell’s back door. I have mean black panthers eyes and have clobbered bark off a gum tree faster than the biggest brown bear in North Dakota.

I'm half horse, half gator, with panther, tiger, jungle cat, jackal and hyena thrown in and have a touch of California earthquakes in my head.

I have danced with the prettiest women, and have the fastest goat, and ugliest dog this side of hell.

I can out-jump, out-run, out-eat, throw down, drag out and whip any man in all New York City.

I ain't never seen them, but my common sense tells me the Andes is but foothills compared to the jungles of Nam. The Alps are for old women and children to climb in comparison.

The deep sea is where God has done he's finest sculpturing and I aim to visit them next times I goes swimming.

I knows that there ain't no asylums for crazy Marines! And there ain't no churches except right here on this here site. There ain't no priests excepting squawking Blue Jays.

I am a Vietnam Marine Machine Gunner, sing in the shower, don't wear skivvies and I'll live until a woman breaks my heart or a bullet finds me and there ain't no laws for brave Marines!

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    PFC OUTLAW HERE....I GRAD ON JAN 9...THE REAPER IS NOT THAT HARD THE THING IS IT'S THE LAST EVENT OF THE CRUCIBLE SO YOUR TIRED,HUNGRY AND ANNOYED BY THEN...SO IT'S A MIND OVER MATTER THING...BUY OUR SENIOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR TOLD US THAT MARINES GO RUNNING UP IT ALL THE TIME...LIKE THE GYSGT SAID IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND

Registered User Free Member SauerPJ's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    All of you that are about to go into boot camp need to start worring about stupid stuff. Just because you know does not make it easier, and you are not going to be able to get your self ready for the stuff in boot camp. Boot camp is like something that you have never went through before and never will again, stop worring and start reading, read on Corps Values, your general orders, all Marine Corps knoweldge, that will help you in the long run, the next time that you are watching TV turn it off and go read. Knoweldge is power in the Corps. That is why i am the Marine that i am tody is because ok knoweldge.

SEMPER FI

Registered User Free Member jdfairman's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Well you know... Back in the old Corps in 1999, we had to crawl up it backwards... on our bellies... dragging our .50 cal with our teeth. And woe to the recruit who showed up at the top of the reaper with a dirty .50 cal. The drill instructor would sacrifice him to the gods of war by impaling him on a guidon stick while the rest of the platoon was forced to take part in the ritual by making it rain (you'll learn all about that) and screaming at the top of their lungs, "Woe to Recruit Knucklehead... Woe to him for allowing the most wonderful .50 cal to be soiled by the most unclean ground of that which is the reaper. WOE TO HIM!!!".

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Is The Reaper the same thing as Mount MF'er?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "Whether it is an ant hill or Mount Everest, it is only as bad as you psyche yourself out into believing." - Twice on the obstacle course I practically sailed over that wall. The third time a Drill Instructor was yelling at a recruit, "Get your *ss over my 8 foot wall now!"

I thought, "Cripes, I didn't know it was 8 feet tall!" And sure enough it took me three tries to get over it again!

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm with Deduke is the reaper the same as Mt. MotherFocker?

Credits
    Savings
    I only know of MF'er, Ballbuster, powerline,recon ridge, Smokey,and Margerita Peak.

Mind over matter. You don't mind, it won't matter.

Must be my aging mind and its diminshing faculties, but I don't recall any mudhill called "Reaper". I know there was "Old Smokey" at San Onofre, and "Mt Baldy", near Margarita, but Reaper eludes me completely. As for San Diego, there were no mountains at MCRD that I remember. It was as flat as a cityscape can be. After all, it was right next to Lindberg Airport. We used to watch the big planes come and go, as we sweated and labored.

Of course, I've heard of folks making mountains out of molehills.

namgrunt

Credits
    Savings
    Do the Infantry troops going thru school at Onofre still run up Smokey in the night and put the company letters on the face? We used to have a blast doing that.

Molehills to mountains, Remember the night humps up and down MFer in boot camp was a biotch, returned to MFer a few years later in PT gear while with Recon for a morning stroll. MFer wasn't as bad as I remembered.

Thread Information