Dress Blue Bravo---White Trousers?
Create Post

Dress Blue Bravo---White Trousers?

New Marine here, just graduated Kilo yesterday. Got home and am being forced to a wedding so I was getting my blues together. I was reviewing a handbook on the uniforms to make sure everything is spot on and I inferred that you're supposed to wear white trousers with the dress blues in the summer months? I could've sworn only silent drill platoon and SNCOs were the only ones authorized to wear white trousers. I'm just a bit confused on who and when the white trousers are worn, can someone help clear this up

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you are not authorized to wear white trousers....white trousers are for officers, SNCOs, 8th and I Marines, and command authorized Marines for special/formal events

only caveat to this is if you were the groom...you could get away with wearing white trousers with dress blue alphas in order to separate yourself/stand out from the groomsmen in bravos and blue trousers

While you're getting your dress blues together, make sure the collar emblems are facing inboard (look at your graduation portrait if you're not sure). A common mistake by boot Marines is to put their collar emblems on backwards. Have even seen pics of boot Marines with no collar emblems on at all (they were "not in stock" at the recruit depot so never issued - this happened to my niece at PI so she had to borrow a pair from her recruiter while home on bootcamp leave).

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    make sure you are using the correct belt buckle also.....w/ no EGA....caught a few junior non-rates wearing the one with EGA on it and also a few boot NCO's wearing the blank one

Boots are even worse than the Marine Corps in the Uncomplicated $hit Made Complicated department.

At least he doesn't have to worry about ribbon order, that can be a nightmare in itself.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    At least he doesn't have to worry about ribbon order, that can be a nightmare in itself.
    he could still be putting his national defense pizza stain on backwards :wink:

Doesn't that go perpendicular to his pizza box?

I think your medal is 1/8th of an inch and centred above your shooting badge.

Pizza stain, pizza box...'twas a lame joke my man.

You wouldn't be a '31, would you? Lol.

Thread Information