Camp Pendleton Engineers
Create Post

Camp Pendleton Engineers

Marines!
    Are there or were there combat engineers stationed at Oceanside, Camp Pendleton? I thought Oceanside was off base, but's its been many years.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Similar Threads:

Oceanside is off base. When I was with the 1st Combat Engineer Battalion in 1979, we were located in the San Mateo area but I believe they have relocated to a different area now. Not in Oceanside for sure.

Thanks top! When did you enlist?

1st Combat Engineer Battalion is still located at Camp San Mateo alongside the 5th Marine Regiment. I've since latmov'd but I am forever proud that 1st CEB is my native unit, and San Mateo is arguably the best place to be on Pendleton. San Clemente/OC > Oceanside/SD
    There are also engineers w/ the Wing near Margarita and 7th ESB is located on Main side. Obviously I am bias about experience at these units but anywhere you end up I have some serviceable advice. One, Volunteer for everything. Believe it or not proving you can clean the ****ter could translate into competence, opportunity, and experience that those who duck and cover during TAPS will regrettably not attain. Two, Stay away from Oceanside, its people, businesses, and institutions. You'll thank me later.

I was with 1st Engs B Company in Nam and worked with the 5th Marine Reg. When I got state side I was at San Mateo but I don't remember what Eng. outfit it was,that was in 1969.

Thread Information