Wrote a little diddy for al you "Filthy Little Grunts" of the world. Hope you like i - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah Chulaivet I know what you mean about your reluctance to upload your stuff.
    Very out of the box for me actually. I probably would't have except I sent it to a Charlie 1/4 friend of mine and he put it on youtube. Once it was "out there" I thought what the hell, might as well share it around. I've got a couple more in the works, maybe when I get em' finished I'll float them around over here. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Keep your coming buddy, they sound great!!

Semper Fi!

The closest I got to music was around the sixth grade, with a flute, but heck, I just couldn't make out the music symbols, never pushed for it, never really tried. You guys have a gift that many wish they had. Chulaivet, don't know how far you ever wanted to go with this music, but if you could just pound out ONE hit song, something that would go on the radio, you have your ALBUM. All of these songs are great in my opinion and would definitely be a great accompaniment to the hit tune. Take a vacation to England, and push some of your cd's, hit the circuits I bet they would take a liking to your music. Just checking out other musicians history, they seemed to make it big overseas before hitting it big here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardee View Post
    Yeah Chulaivet I know what you mean about your reluctance to upload your stuff.
    Very out of the box for me actually. I probably would't have except I sent it to a Charlie 1/4 friend of mine and he put it on youtube. Once it was "out there" I thought what the hell, might as well share it around. I've got a couple more in the works, maybe when I get em' finished I'll float them around over here. Thanks for the encouraging words. Keep your coming buddy, they sound great!! Semper Fi!
    TBH....I'm very comfortable with my writing ability and musicianship.
    If one (like us at the moment) has their shvt online one must have the skin of a snow tire....which I do.

That qualified...my ego is not that big and I know my place in the music world.
    What I write is not meant to cater to mass appeal so I don't give a shvt if someone doesn't like my song writing drivel.
    I write for me...no one else.
    I've been doing this for a loooong time and it's just creative therapy because I enjoy picking an interesting topic to put to lyric and music.
    FOR THE RECORD: I do not write sappy love songs (IE: country and Barry Manilow crap)

If you do enjoy the song writing process it's still not a bad idea to put it out somewhere
    Remember also...it's not those in our immediate orbit that will provide honest feedback....they'll always tell you "your great!"

Me....I'm just happy if I can avoid the 'you totally suck at writing' genre.

Stick with it Ardee and finish those others on the burner.

Carry on....

Quote Originally Posted by 29palms View Post
    The closest I got to music was around the sixth grade, with a flute, but heck, I just couldn't make out the music symbols, never pushed for it, never really tried. You guys have a gift that many wish they had. Chulaivet, don't know how far you ever wanted to go with this music, but if you could just pound out ONE hit song, something that would go on the radio, you have your ALBUM. All of these songs are great in my opinion and would definitely be a great accompaniment to the hit tune. Take a vacation to England, and push some of your cd's, hit the circuits I bet they would take a liking to your music. Just checking out other musicians history, they seemed to make it big overseas before hitting it big here.
    First....thanks a bunch for listening to all those songs.
    Very accommodating of you.

On "Let Me Know":
    No...not a Hawiian guitar.
    When I finished that song I sent it to a studio in L.A. (2010) to be mastered and have a couple of real PRO tracks added.
    The Hawiian sound was just the effect the engineer put on my lead axe track.

The newest songs I just uploaded a couple of months ago are:
    Retired
    I'm Ready
    Hundred Good Reasons
    It's About Time.

I've got some new ideas but nothing more fleshed out at this tiime.

Thanks again.....maybe this thread can generate more interest.

Back to it....

I forgot to respond to a couple of your comments:
    I don't see it as a gift.
    I would just say it's some unexplainable inherent propensity, proclivity or inclination that grabs our interest.
    Then....it's relentless dedication, practice and perseverance to become accomplished.
    The time I've spent doing this can't be expressed in the tiny increment of hours, days or months.

You have some energetic points...no doubt.
    Even though I've always thought "I'm Going That Way Too" has/had the possibility of commercial potential I just can't flatter myself enough to acquire the drive necessary to accomplish what you're suggesting.
    If I in my thirties back in mid 70's when those years were busier than shvt practicing, gigging in clubs, playing weddings, etc. I might think differently.

Your kind words are appreciated and well received.

Time for a glass of wine....

I thought you'd appreciate some feedback. Feedback is something I like to give even to restaurants. It's the only real way to know how one is doing. I hope that's an Argentinian MALBEC you're having.

I thought you'd appreciate some feedback. Feedback is something I like to give even to restaurants. It's the only real way to know how one is doing. I hope that's an Argentinian MALBEC you're having.
    Ha...no, unfortunately....just a generic chard at this time.
    Why?....because I was out of Crown Royal.

Yes....that's correct.
    The feedback is not only greatly appreciated but a generous offer of your time to do so.

Back to it Green Mo'fers.....

Good Stuff.... brings back memories for me, keep 'em coming.....

Well.....

Couldn't find my original thread regarding whether there are any musicians/songwriter Marines floating around this site so I resurrected this old muther.

Are there any musicians or song writers here and have them posted on the the web?...feel free to post a link.

I have a few new ones up:
    It's About Time
    She Sizzles
    I'm Ready
    A Hundred Good Reasons (no...it's NOT an autobiography!)
    Retired

https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/?bandID=897733

To any that check out my song writing drivel I'll say thanks in advance.

A good weekend to all....carry on....and Semper Fi.

Thread Information