Dual Marriage Question
Create Post

Dual Marriage Question

**(Before I start let just make one thing clear I will not rethink getting married, we've made up our minds a long time ago and it's all we think about. BTW we lived together for 2 yrs until he left for RT, we're both 19. My family life was complicated lol..)

My fiance (of 3 yrs) had just graduated RT and left for MCT yesterday morning.. upon graduation he is to report to DLI (about 2 hours from home) for 1-2 years (since he's a smarty and I'm to leave to bootcamp Nov. 16th..which means I'll graduate in Feb. We're planning on getting married on my boot leave (I may ask for RA) we're not worried about BAH or whatever we just want to be married and live together like normal people yet be the badasses we've always wanted to be. After my MCT and MOS schooling (only three months, but everything I do will be on the east coast) I'll be in the fleet and he'll bearly be half way though MCT.. Is it possible for me to get stationed in Monterey with him through out the schooling? Or will he be stationed with me once hes in the fleet? This marriage in the Marine Corps is so confusing and my recruiter wouldn't help because I'm a poolee and he's a Marine already -___- Please help.. thanks so much.
    -Poolee Romero

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Don't count on getting stationed together until at least one of you is an NCO.

Best of luck......

DLI is a long school. In the event that he's a Marine going through that school and you're just his wife, you would've been able to get married and move out there to be with him (get BAH). However, since you're gonna be a Marine, it complicates things. The closest place to DLI is Camp Pendleton....and that's not even that close (they're close to 400 miles apart). So your answer is NO. You won't be stationed together until he hits the fleet. So for that 1-2 years he's at DLI, you'll have to burn your leave days to go see him (since in the schoolhouse, it would be harder for him to go out of bounds for leave). Safe to say, you won't see each other much for those 1-2 years.

As far as the fleet is concerned, there is NO guarantee that you'll be stationed together. The issue arises when you get married after you're BOTH Marines (If you were married before one or the other became a Marine, it's different). GET MARRIED BEFORE YOU JOIN THE CORPS SO THEY TAKE YOUR MARRIAGE INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN CUTTING ORDERS.

MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY CHAPTER 1 ASSIGNMENT POLICY SECTION 3: HOUSEHOLD ASSIGNMENT POLICY1300. JOINT HOUSEHOLD ASSIGNMENT POLICY. Although the importance of familyunity is recognized, military service by its very nature involves familyseparation.1. When both spouses are service members (and either one or both areMarines), every effort will be made to prevent separations which may belonger than those normally encountered by Marines with civilian spouses.2. Military couples will be provided a reasonable opportunity to establisha joint household with due regard to the requirements of the service. Itmust be recognized that staffing consideration’s are paramount; there mustbe a valid requirement (grade and MOS) for the Marine at the spouse’sduty station.3. Military couples are advised that the Marine Corps ability to collocatethem is sometimes limited, particularly when one of the spouses is a memberof another service. Additionally, military couples are advised thatdecisions relating to further service, career development, or family planningmust be based on the assumption that joint assignment is not guaranteed.4. Preferential treatment in assignments/duty stations will not be givenbased on marital status. Each spouse can expect normal career assignmentsto include school, TAD, and unaccompanied overseas tours.5. The order issuing process is initiated through the Marine Corps TotalForce System (MCTFS). To identify Marines having military spouses, spousesSSN’s must be entered via unit diary per MCO P1080.35.6. A spouse of a Marine who is also a service member shall not be considereda family member for assignment purposes.7. Dual-military parents must refer to MCO 1740.13 for establishing achild care plan.8. Military spouses who are not stationed within close proximity to eachother’s duty station may request a transfer for the purpose of establishinga joint household. a. Close proximity is defined, for the purpose of this policy, asfollows: the distance traveled between the spouses’ duty stations doesnot exceed 50 miles

^^^^^ Straight from the order on Married Marines where both spouses are Marines. Found on page 1-17 at this link http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Pu...20CH%201-8.pdf

Sounds like you two already have everything figured out - and are going to do what you want to do regardless. Why are you even bothering to ask our opinions about any of this? Maybe your recruiter won't help because you're a badass and apparently know everything already.

Top, because they are young and believe that because they want it, they should have it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer3 View Post
    Top, because they are young
    and believe that
    because they want it,
    they should have it.
    the only thing missing in there/her
    statement is they are transgender
    and are out to break the ice no
    matter the details.....

The NOW Generation

Yeah. They want to live that badass "POG life"! LOL

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Lmfao !!!

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Girl meets boy. Boy meets girl. Girl turns into boy. Boy turns into girl. They get married. Have a baby.
    Baby, baby wants to be a transgender giraffe.

I'm so fuvking confused......

Since primary MOS's aren't assigned till the day before graduating from MCT, how do you already know you'll be going to MOS school on the East Coast?

Thread Information